Author Topic: demulshooter plugin  (Read 4150 times)

Gioacchino87

• View Profile
demulshooter plugin
« on: April 15, 2020, 09:17:02 PM »
hi guys!

i'm going to build two lightgun with this guide

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=161189.0

in few words, when i choose the rom, i need to start demulshooter.exe over the emulator, from command prompt to gesture the lightgun

here an example of the command:

Code: [Select]

DemulShooter.exe -target=[target] -rom=[rom] [options]

here the wiki of demulshooter https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki

there is a feature that i can launche two program after i choose a rom/game?

or i can set up with a combination of (like) hotkey with and addictional software?

roundcubeone

• View Profile
Re: demulshooter plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 12:29:29 AM »
I'm looking for a way to automatically swap PortA between Lightgun and Controller per game when launching from my frontend (Maximus Arcade). I already have the games separated out per system (Naomi and Dreamcast). Maybe separate .ini files? How does that work?

hermine.potter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 07:18:22 AM »
@ all
different ideas:

>use UtilityMenu Plugin:
create batch-files with pre-configured settings/commands or try direct start of commands.

start AM > press TAB key > Plug-ins > enable and edit UtilityMenu plugin > set Item 1 Command to batch-file1 > Item 2 Command to batch-file2 > and so on

before starting game, press UtilityMenu button and start the batch-files or direct start of commands

>external script
use an external script software like Autohotkey, Autoit, and so on.
the script should wait for hotkey input and starts your desired parameters

>start different scripts along with emualator
for example start OpenBOR and wait_for_ESC.exe

executable           cmd
args                 /c cd C:\attract\EMU\OpenBOR\[name] & start OpenBOR.exe & start C:\attract\EMU\OpenBOR\wait_for_ESC.exe
rompath              C:\attract\EMU\OpenBOR

or start direct with romfile-name:
C:\attract\my_exe.exe [name]

use Plugin, that starts before emulator starts and get romfile-name
according to the documentation, it appears that romfile names are used

see enclosed .nut

@ roundcubeone
do not know maximus arcade.
probably it works complete different, because you are here on attractmode frontend forum.
so help and suggestions for Attractmode are maybe do not work?

AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

JeffreyFisher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 02:30:02 AM »
One way is to use a batch file. A batch file is a text file that contains a series of commands that can be executed by the computer. You can create a batch file that launches the emulator and DemulShooter.exe. To do this, open a text editor and enter the following lines:

start emulator.exe
start demulshooter.exe -target=[target] -rom=[rom]
Replace emulator.exe with the name of the emulator that you want to use, and replace [target] and [rom] with the appropriate values. Save the file as a .bat file and then double-click on it to run it.

Another way to launch two programs after you choose a ROM/game is to use a hotkey. A hotkey is a combination of keys that can be used to execute a command. You can configure your operating system to launch the emulator and DemulShooter.exe when you press a specific combination of keys. To do this, open the keyboard settings for your operating system and add a new hotkey that launches the batch file that you created in the previous step.

Finally, you can also use a third-party software to launch two programs after you choose a ROM/game. There are many different software programs that can do this, such as AutoHotkey and Launchy. These programs allow you to create custom macros that can be used to launch programs and websites.