Author Topic: Set attract mode resolution  (Read 7529 times)

Dal1980

• View Profile
Set attract mode resolution
« on: December 21, 2016, 04:56:31 PM »
Hi guys

I've been stuck trying to get AM to start in a particular resolution (640x480). I'm using a windows 10 desktop (Nvidia graphics with dual monitors).

I don't know if the problem lies in the theme or config or if I've missed some other setting or what but can't seem to get it to force 640x480.

If I change one of my monitors to 640x480 and open Attract Mode then the theme is still shrunk (probably to around 120x?? depending on how I resize the window). I've also tried using command line tools to force the 640x480 res but attract mode either errors (or these tools do, they don't give a clear error report on what the problem is).

Is there a way to tell attract mode to go full screen with 640x480 as the res?

Kind regards
Dal

Dal1980

• View Profile
Re: Set attract mode resolution
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 04:34:14 PM »
Bump

Just to clarify too, the 640x480 is only to do with AM only. Basically the screen res would not need to be forced for the emulators.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 04:49:32 PM »
AM should "fill" the screen with theme - even stretching it if the theme aspect ratio doesn't match screen aspect.
But it baffles me why it is "shrunk".

Maybe switch the AM config:
[tab] > general > window mode > FULL SCREEN
if you are using FILL SCREEN (which is default setting) - or the other way around.

---

Alternatively you can switch to other theme to see if the problem is related to particular theme - or general.

Dal1980

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 10:49:03 AM »
Thanks verion

After further testing I've managed to understand that if I set 640x480 in windows on my primary monitor then open AM it opens in a 640x480 mode (it's stretched out to widescreen but this doesn't bother me).

What I would love it to do is to not be dictated to by the current monitor resolution and for me to start attract mode with something line (this is made up):

c:\attract\attract.exe -setscreen 640x480

This would then start attract mode on my monitor that would be set to 1920x1080 but switch the resolution for the program (obviously in full screen mode)

I have to jump through a few hoops doing all of this manually which is a bit of a pain. This functionality would be good for setting it to other resolutions too that would aid in creating themes/layouts

Any thoughts on this?
Cheers
Dal