Author Topic: Attractmode for windows not detecting Bluetooth controller  (Read 2487 times)

nespcbuild

• View Profile
On my windows 7 emulation pc I modified the registry to run attractmode as the default shell instead of explorer so the system will boot up directly to AM.

I'm also using the legacy (non-nefarius) scp toolkit which lets me use ps3 or ps4 controller over Bluetooth and windows sees them as Xbox 360 controllers.

For some reason when the PC first boots up, attractmode doesn't seem to detect the controller after it's connected and working over Bluetooth and therefore won't respond to any input. I know that the controller is connected and detected by windows because It detects input in the usb game controller settings.

If I quit and relaunch AM it'll work fine but that's not a good solution since my goal is to have windows hidden and never have to use a mouse or keyboard on this machine except for maintenence. If I connect the controller via USB it'll start working in AM and I can then remove the USB and let it reconnect over Bluetooth and it will work fine until the next reboot. That's a little better than having to pull out the mouse and keyboard but still pretty annoying to have to plug it in every time.

It seems like attractmode is just not detecting that a new controller has connected when it connects via Bluetooth but something about connecting it to USB gets AM to detect it. I'm thinking there's probably a command that I could run in windows periodically via a script that would get AM to notice the controller without having to relaunch or connect it to USB first but before I go trying a bunch of different commands I though I'd check here to see if anyone has run into similar issues and found a fix already.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Attractmode for windows not detecting Bluetooth controller
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 11:06:00 AM »
Im only familiar with using bluetooth on linux. I find your issue odd and interesting. Will be following.

What controllers do you have?

nespcbuild

• View Profile
Re: Attractmode for windows not detecting Bluetooth controller
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 02:54:56 PM »
What controllers do you have?

For now I'm using dual shock 3 controller but the scp toolkit software makes them appear and function as wireless Xbox 360 controllers in windows. I have some 8bitdo controllers too but I haven't tried them yet on this system. I might try them out to see if they behave any differently.