Author Topic: Any way to do a static image slideshow in artwork?  (Read 2594 times)

KhenemetHeru

• View Profile
Any way to do a static image slideshow in artwork?
« on: August 18, 2016, 07:40:32 PM »
Hello, I'm new to Attract Mode, coming from MAMEWah and MaLa. I have managed to get things configured mostly how I like, but there are a couple things I can't seem to do, so I thought I'd ask about one of them in particular.

In the other front ends I've used, I was able to set up a timed transition between a game snapshot and a game title screen; when idle on a game in the list, it would display the title png, then switch to the snap png 2-3 seconds later, cycling back and forth endlessly until selecting the next title in the list or starting the game. Is there a way to do this in Attract Mode?

I know about using videosnaps, which I get how to do and will likely do, but since it defaults back to the static artwork if a video isn't available, I'd like to implement the static image slideshow function in it's place where needed. I'm afraid, however, I don't fully understand the squirrel language info well enough to figure out how to do it or if it's even possible. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Khenemet Heru

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to do a static image slideshow in artwork?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 08:06:59 PM »
The FadeArt module is supposed to work as you describe. However, it currently does not work as one would assume. I opened an issue, it was closed with a fix that wasn't correct, then it was unfixed. Not sure where it stands now.

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/227

KhenemetHeru

• View Profile
Re: Any way to do a static image slideshow in artwork?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 07:27:50 AM »
OK, I see how that could do it, though when I look at the main function I'm not sure what I'm looking at enough to try to modify it.  :o ;D

I guess I'll have to keep an eye on that link to see when it's fixed. Thanks!