Author Topic: Need help setting up attract mode on vertical cabinet  (Read 3289 times)

guilds100

• View Profile
Need help setting up attract mode on vertical cabinet
« on: October 22, 2018, 04:06:26 PM »
I have groovymame running on my vertical machine just fine by itself. When I try to use attract mode, it seems to shrink down the screen about 1/3 smaller and the picture is all blurry. Ive tried to run different themes with the same result. Im running win7 with a ~320x240 15kz crt. My windows is running stock orientation so the screen is side ways. My groovymame switches to the right orientation when it lauches. If I switch the windows orientation then groovymame doesn't like to launch. Any help would be appreciated.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Need help setting up attract mode on vertical cabinet
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 02:02:50 AM »
Let me see if I got it correctly: your screen is 320x240 and windows is oriented to a 320 width, 240 height, so it's actually sideways. In this situation you should launch attract mode, which will think the screen is 320 wide, 240 tall, and then toggle screen orientation (with a hotkey or options from the theme). That should tell the theme that the screen is now 240 wide, 320 tall, but if the theme is not programmed accordingly it will not switch to a "vertical" layout. Of course a vertical theme should work ok in that case.

If you want you can try my Arcadeflow theme and toggle orientation, and let's see what happens...

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:01:48 AM »
Desktop should be @640x480. Your monitor will display it interlaced. Attractmode will inherit desktop resolution by default. I’ve had weird issues when using switchres and I don’t have a proper modeline. Use defaults and use the orientation setting somewhere in attract config menu.

guilds100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I've changed the screen resolution to 640x480, reinstalled attract mode and tried every configuration of orientation in both groovymame and attract mode but I cant get it to launch the games. When I launch a game the screen goes blank. When I look at the task mamager the monitor squeals and shows both attract mode non responsive and groovy mame running. Im thinking the switchres is definitely the hold up here.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:52:47 PM »
Try the different AttractMode "Window Mode" options. One should fix it.

Configure-->General-->Window Mode = Full screen/Fill screen/Window/etc.

guilds100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 03:47:40 PM »
Try the different AttractMode "Window Mode" options. One should fix it.

Configure-->General-->Window Mode = Full screen/Fill screen/Window/etc.

That worked. It does work in window mode with border only.