Author Topic: logo zoom out  (Read 2333 times)

JJTheKing

• View Profile
logo zoom out
« on: February 03, 2022, 01:34:02 PM »
i was wanting to know if there is a way to make the game logo zoom out when launching the game instead of the screen just going black?

if so is there any code to share or them that might have it.

thanks

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: logo zoom out
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 04:47:04 AM »
I might as well reply to you as no one else has, and besides I am bored waiting on this file to download

If you mean AKA CoinOps style, the logo flashes for about two or three seconds and then the screen goes black anyway.  So either way you are still getting a black screen at some point or other.

I think that it should be possible to do something like this, something like an on exit display, but for the sake of two or three seconds of blackness is it really worth it?

If I get bored I might time both systems loading the same game.

Ok I was bored

7 seconds of blackness with AM and 5 seconds of blackness with CoinOps, however I saved more than two seconds using the search function on AM, it took me about twelve or more seconds just to get to Donkey Kong on CO and that only has about 970 games, and I have 13,000 odd MAME games.

Yes I am really bored

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 05:24:45 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

JJTheKing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 11:43:39 AM »
ya im just looking some code input if there is any.  :D

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 12:07:49 PM »
You would need to edit this, if you look at the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMO-lZflxi8 you will see the logo for MAME drops down after a set time.

You would need to use a marquee.trigger so that when the game is launched then it flies into the screen. I would try it that way anyway, but I am not a coder, just a hacker, but that would be the way that I would imagine it to work.

I had to attach it as a text file, as I think the spam filters does not like too much text, even when you are selecting code option.

Regards

Mark

Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 06:21:14 PM »
ahh wrong,  that code is just animation mod, with delay after transition, to next selection set to 4500
nothing to do with starting of game...   plus dont quite know why peaple are still using this ,  when their in inerstia, module...  just archaic, in my poinion...but u decide..

help a friend....