Author Topic: ArcadeSD layout?  (Read 18162 times)

Matt68061

• View Profile
Re: ArcadeSD layout?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 10:10:34 PM »
Im curious too  ;D

Patiently waiting...

I know the real world can creep in and get in the way...damn it.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 08:10:21 AM »
yes their is a reason,  i cant get the carrier.nut to be able to a just the flx* and  fly*  unresponsive?

//Carrier( carrierPosX, carrierPosY, carrierWidth, carrierHeight, tilesCount, tilesOffscreen, tilePadding[, selectorImage, backgroundImage] )
fe.do_nut("scripts/carrier.nut");
local carrier = Carrier( 0, 0, 900, 300, 3, 3, 80, 0, 0 )

if any one knows how to fix this this would be great...so i can release it...i sent a shout out
to the creator "Oomek" but haven't heard back yet...
help a friend....

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 06:19:44 PM »
You can try this in the layout.nut then use you're flx* and fly* coords  for carrierposx, and y etc...

local flx = fe.layout.width=800;
local fly = fe.layout.height=600;
local flw = fe.layout.width;
local flh = fe.layout.height;

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 09:19:19 PM »
thanks omegaman....this works..for it

local flx = fe.layout.width;
local fly = fe.layout.height;
local flw = fe.layout.width=2000;
local flh = fe.layout.height= 400;
fe.layout.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;

well now i have no excuse not to release it...  i have fri off and will test it
also will test it on the pi -3 and then give it away!
help a friend....

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 09:33:23 PM »

beta will be out this Sun night 21st....no if and or buts...
here is a preview of the beta ,,vertical will be a suprize.

changes from the first one , you can see are

1. Switched from Conveyor.nut  to  Carrier.nut
this fixed the stare stuttering as long as use like FSResizer
on all your snaps,, so you wont get any "faild to load blabla.png" in your script.

2. Had to resize everything in the layout.

working on making the stars move from behind middle out,, instead of from side out..

here is a sample of the beta...  notice smothe and no stuttering! 
this is what has put this way behind...

Youtube"https://youtu.be/UoM6K2ifnV4

now is the time for any last requests,,,to add...music on off?
help a friend....

taelonian

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 03:21:51 AM »
yes you can add music on/off option and hope that it supports wide screens

i am ready to test when released

Thanks

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 07:40:55 AM »
Music option added...

marquee wheel has been adjusted....

background stars have been fixed now fly from behind....

latest... https://youtu.be/Vdqc7DPrnuY

plus a 2sec look at the end of somthing im porting over from ES.

get their...
help a friend....

Matt68061

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 10:27:57 PM »
Looks great, cant wait to see the vertical surprize!

WillDuhFoh

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 02:26:12 PM »
Is there a a link where I can download this ArcadeSD Theme link?

RIJOSROBERTO

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2018, 12:41:15 PM »
Looks awome where can i download it from ?

richyrich888

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 05:12:43 AM »
This is just what I am after, as I am building a vertical arcade table ..part/ mostly built and was using it with a GameEX setup with mame and other emmulators a few years back until a hard drive crash F*** ..anyway, decided it is time to get the table up and running again but was looking at alternatives to a PC and a hacked about with copy of XP ..I was thinking of making it into a jamma  system, then discovered that the 60-1 jamma cards were not so great, a bit more searching & I discovered the ArcadeSD jamma card, but how much $$$$$ ??!! ... then I tripped across the Raspberry PI and retropie ...unbelievable stuff and definitely the way to go !  :)
Please could the original OP tell me ...did you get this finished and if so is it available to download?
or is what you did get done available "As is"

Many thanks ---Rich

PS Fantastic stuff!

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 08:47:21 AM »
I am not sure if Jedi is still developing ... I will be releasing a super-sized version of this mod VERY shortly (just working out a couple animation issues) which will include 3 "preview" size adjustments.... full video option for only the center frame.... speed options for the scroll... the choice to use "wheel" or "marquee" images for the animated top "title" ... and a half dozen or so different animations to choose from as well.   You can make it look nearly identical to the ArcadeSD or you can tweak it to where it's much different ... but still very familiar.

I am having trouble with one animation issue that I'm trying to figure out (or I just may remove that option)... a final clean up... and then I'll release it.  Give me a few days at the most (or sooner... depends on what I end up deciding to do with my animation issue).

Oh,  and it's all developed on a PC and tested on a Pi3 so it's working on both platforms without issue.

EDIT: Here is a video I did last week on my progress...

https://youtu.be/JxuBMGf8o5c

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 08:52:52 AM by FrizzleFried »
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

richyrich888

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 10:46:19 AM »
FrizzleFried that is awesome ! I've just read through your post & watched the youtube vid... I now have a Huge smile on my face :))))

.. Raspberry pie on order along with USB stick, SD card etc. etc.. I know I'm going to have a challenge getting things up and running, especially with the Ultrastick 360's - but I love to play hang-on, outrun & starwars -all analog controls -so these sticks are perfect, plus proper 4-way and 8-way choices help with pac-man playability (these ones I have are a few years old now & I read a post somewhere that retropie doesnt see the mk I's ..not sure if mine were the first incarnation or not , but will just have to get some more if so.)

..I've just spent the last 2 days solid researching this whole thing, from how to set up retro pie onto a raspberry PI and found out about rgbcommander for the ultrastick360's and using a USB memorystick to run the roms from instead of the SD card, different options for getting VGA out of the PI for the monitor plus different ways to "Talk" to the console from your PC using Putty and a serial lead USB to RS232 OR GUI access, with drag & drop to the PI via WinSCP-5.13.1 / finding where to get the right rom sets/ rotating the screen using Retroarch (i gather it is better to rotate in retro arch rather than in the command line console of the  PI due to performance hit by doing it like ...sudo nano /boot/config.txt  > display_rotate=1  ) .etc, etc ...along with discovering Attractmode. But finding out about this Theme really is the icing on the cake! I was hoping to find something "like" SD-arcade, but this is just fantastic!
I plan on it being the only theme on the machine and hope to figure out how to get all the games I want (all arcade based) that run on different emulators to be available under this "one selection" so for example Metal Slug on FB Alpha would show in the same menu along with the mame games ...from the bit of research I've done I imagine it can be done, perhaps by moving the FB Alpha rom to the mame folder and then using the retropie set-up menu to specify the correct emulator for running the specific rom.. probably won't work that way, but there is bound to be a way found after some trying (I think I will probably be making a few back-up images of the SD card and the USB stick along the way, so that its not all trashed when I inevitably break everything !)

Very much Looking forward to seeing the finished layout.

may I ask ...you mentioned music options ..would it be possible to include the cool arcade noise heard in ArcadeSD that happens when you scroll between the games ..the noise was sort of like something out of pac-man if I remember right? (I guess it may need muting in a fast scroll though, as it would probably become annoying quite quickly then) -just a thought, if it's possible and not too much work.
Regardless, thanks for making my day with this :) :) :) :)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 10:51:21 AM by richyrich888 »

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 10:35:39 PM »
I am also excited to test this out on the pi3. Awesome work FrizzleFried and thank you for making this available!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 10:41:01 PM by tekn0 »