Author Topic: New LED animation controller for Linux (like ledblinky).  (Read 3502 times)

meduzapat

• ^^MeduZaPaT^^
    • View Profile
    • LEDSpicer wiki
New LED animation controller for Linux (like ledblinky).
« on: May 05, 2019, 06:48:59 PM »
Hello community, I’d like to announce a new program I wrote for Linux, it allows you to set up your LED controller, it’s kinda similar on nature to the already existing LEDBlinky or RGBCommander but focusing on simplicity, low resources, speed, and cool animated effects.

LEDSpicer

Here is a list of some features it can do:

• Supports different devices seamlessly and as a simple device, this simplifies the configuration process when the user wants to use several devices all together.
  • RGB and single color elements can be used without complications.
  • Elements can be grouped into the layout.
  • Easily can be handled using a command line program to change the LEDs behavior using layouts, groups, or just elements.
  • Multiple animations can be set to different groups.
  • Layout, Groups or Elements can be changed based on triggers.
  • Animations and Devices can be extended with plugins.
  • Smooth transitions between layouts can be set.
  • Integrated Hardware Test.
  • Integrated Layout Test.
  • The speed can be changed to increase or decrease the FPS when drawing on the layout.
  • Add several different animation to the same Group to generate even more rich attraction modes.
  • Extremely easy to create animations and layouts using XML.
  • Several Color filters allow the combination of animations all in one, like masking, combine, etc.
  • Multichannel sound output plugin with different modes can map to the sections of the layout.
  • Pulse output plugin with multiple modes that allow the creation of several fading effects.
  • Gradient output plugin with multiple modes to generate different gradient animation effects.
  • Filler output plugin with multiple modes to generate nice filling effects.
  • Random output plugin can generate nice and colorful effects.
  • Serpentine output plugin, can generate different advancing effects.
  • Very optimized, consumes almost no memory and CPU (the program is 180kb in size).
  • Runs on most Linux distribution and on Raspberry or PC hardware.
  • Support for MAME output plugin, turns elements on the layout based on the game like credit buttons, player start, etc.
  • Can load layouts based on game name, emulator, game controllers, defaults, etc.
  • And much more...

I tested the program on my RPI and works fine,  I’m looking for testers and feedback on usability and how it works.
I hope that you find this program useful.

Link to some sample videos
Link to the documentation and code
Link to the code on github
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 04:38:10 PM by meduzapat »

Favdeacon

• View Profile
Re: New LED animation controller for Linux (like ledblinky).
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 11:58:46 AM »
Although I'm content with my LED buttons being always on for now, I thank you very much for sharing this with your fellow Linux users.  :)

meduzapat

• ^^MeduZaPaT^^
    • View Profile
    • LEDSpicer wiki
Re: New LED animation controller for Linux (like ledblinky).
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 04:37:35 PM »
New version 0.3.6 is now available, this version includes:
  • New Rom detection system based on a data file (using Mame is not a good option on retropie)
  • Added a new kind of plugin, Input plugins, three of them:
    • Mame Connects to mame and reads the output events to light elements or groups on the layout
    • Impulse Lights elements when a button is press
    • Actions Allows the creation of interactive input, like when you insert a credit, the start will blink and stuff like that
  • Added more debug modes
  • Improved speed
  • Lot more!

I left some demo videos on the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LEDSpicer-2393969390678210/