Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548308 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.8 [Release] Updated 17 June 2019
« Reply #465 on: June 19, 2019, 10:56:59 PM »

1.  Final Fantasy VI (USA)
2.  Final Fantasy VI (Japan)
3.  Final Fantasy VI (Japan) (English Translated)
4.  Final Fantasy VI (USA) (Beta) (Hacked)

Currently..  It only shows USA for 1 & 4 and Japan for 2 & 3.

I see, thank you for telling me, I never thought about this because I started with Mame where you only have one "( )" group after the main name. I think it's pretty easy to solve, also thank you for the code, I'll see what's the best way to implement this and come up with a temp layout to check before releasing.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #466 on: June 19, 2019, 11:03:50 PM »
For some pics there are some weird aspect ratio/not-fitting-properly problems going on.

Got it, this happens because the image is "horizontal" (width > height) but aspect ratio is "more square" than 4:3, so the cropping is wrong. Thanks for spotting this!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #467 on: June 20, 2019, 02:08:47 AM »
For example, let's say I have four different roms of the same game:

1.  Final Fantasy VI (USA)
2.  Final Fantasy VI (Japan)
3.  Final Fantasy VI (Japan) (English Translated)
4.  Final Fantasy VI (USA) (Beta) (Hacked)

You can try the attached layout: it should fix the cropping of box art, and use all the notes in parenthesis. Please let me know if it works for you

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 21, 2019, 05:21:58 PM »
You can try the attached layout: it should fix the cropping of box art, and use all the notes in parenthesis. Please let me know if it works for you

Yes that fixes everything!  Here is a video of it in action. The boxart stretch is fixed and the titles show up properly.  I also see that you've fixed the titles in the game details section.  This works perfectly because for the extra long titles, you can just go into that menu and read the full title.  I appreciate all you have done.  Thank you so much.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 21, 2019, 05:48:11 PM »
i haven't used the theme for a bit now,    and just tryed the latest..and wow

this theme has relay formed into a great front end theme...amazing work  thanks

i will be using this on the 64 inch tv in the living room....how cool :)

help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #470 on: June 25, 2019, 08:50:01 AM »
I'm working on 4.9 right now, incorporating most of the fixes of the latest draft shared here (crops, aspects etc), but with lots of code rewriting and cleanup. Most important, I don't use artworks with index_offset or rawset_index_offset anymore for image loading, but direct get_art statements. This is a huge change and fixes a lot of issues I had, for example with keyboard search when some artwork was not updated correctly. I'm still trying to understand what I can simplify and what is still needed, therefore if you want to try this layout and report any bugs before release it'll be greatly appreciated :D

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 26, 2019, 02:58:39 AM »
Started to test it in a separate build and so far seems to be very stable. :) I forgot to tell that I also like how overview info/story files shows up now if you don't have history.dat, thank you so much for that too ;)

A question for the display menu. Would be possible an option to deactivate there only the splash effect when you reach a new letter? I ask because I like that effect very much on the gaming lists but normally on Display menu my systems aren't in alphabetical order (more like eras/time or type).

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #472 on: June 26, 2019, 05:21:36 AM »
Started to test it in a separate build and so far seems to be very stable. :)

Good, did you notice any slowdown? Just a bit of extra cleanup and I'll release it next week.

A question for the display menu. Would be possible an option to deactivate there only the splash effect when you reach a new letter?

Sure, this can be done easily, you can check the attached layout...

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 26, 2019, 05:40:40 AM »
Thank you so much for the updated layout, works wonderful the display menu no splash letter option. :)

Regarding the speed or slowdown. Generally it feels very fast, even now in the Display Menu with some bigger cover files. It only hangs a little if I chose boxart in Arcade and the flyers are too big/heavy of course. Even more "complicated" systems like Nintendo DS with its vertical style snaps screenshots+video combo show up very good now, impressive. :)

Nintendo DS art crops a little on the sides, just like it happens with some vertical art, but nothing serious.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.9 [Release] Updated 27 June 2019
« Reply #474 on: June 26, 2019, 07:31:44 AM »
Arcadeflow updated to 4.9!

New method for loading artwork means less glitches, better crops, fixed many bugs and added gameplay videos in box art mode! Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:38:36 AM by zpaolo11x »

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 26, 2019, 08:00:26 AM »
There is a bug for me in 4.9.

Here's the steps to reproduce it.

1.  Open AM.
2.  Select the very first game in the list and go to the details menu (the menu with the screenshot and game description).
3.  From here, scroll all the way to the very last game in the list but go in reverse i.e. hit left once.
4.  Press Esc and go back to the main menu.

You will see upon hitting Esc, that the current game in question is not selected.  At least that's what happens to me.

Edit:  I've tried it with the previous version and the same thing happens.  So it's not something that came about from 4.9.  Looks like it's all versions.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:02:44 AM by dukpoki »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #476 on: June 27, 2019, 03:12:50 AM »
You will see upon hitting Esc, that the current game in question is not selected.  At least that's what happens to me.

I see, I was able to replicate the issue... this happens also if you use "prev game" hotkey from the very first item in the list, and its due to the fact that AF should not "cycle" the game list jumping from first to last item. I'll look into it but probably the easiest way to solve the issue is to prevent jumping like that

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 27, 2019, 10:39:19 AM »

1.  Open AM.
2.  Select the very first game in the list and go to the details menu (the menu with the screenshot and game description).
3.  From here, scroll all the way to the very last game in the list but go in reverse i.e. hit left once.
4.  Press Esc and go back to the main menu.

Edit:  I've tried it with the previous version and the same thing happens.  So it's not something that came about from 4.9.  Looks like it's all versions.

It was fantastic, thank you for creating and keeping this wonderful theme always updated and improving every day. So I would like to put one more opinion, maybe in its next update could develop the same theme with compatibility to machines that have weaker hardware, so they can also run the smooth theme free of crashes. But so far my opinion for my machine works very well in every way.
Thank you!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #478 on: July 01, 2019, 12:57:30 AM »

Should be fixed in this layout.nut, with the side effect that you can't wrap around the list in history view or when going next_page/game, prev_page/game with hotkeys. At least it doesn't break the list.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #479 on: July 01, 2019, 01:03:52 AM »
It was fantastic, thank you for creating and keeping this wonderful theme always updated and improving every day. So I would like to put one more opinion, maybe in its next update could develop the same theme with compatibility to machines that have weaker hardware, so they can also run the smooth theme free of crashes. But so far my opinion for my machine works very well in every way.

Thank you for the comments. I know Arcadeflow is very demanding, and in the past all the tests we did on the forum to adapt it to lower spec machines like the Pi were unsuccessful. There are a couple of things that make low specs machines struggle: the number of (nested) surfaces used by the thumbnail grid, and the number of GLSL shaders and effects used in Arcadeflow. While I can strip back GLSL effects somehow, and even reduce the surfaces, that would change a lot the look of the theme. I'm wondering if the new Pi4 has enough power to run AF, but I don't have a Pi myself to test.
There are some settings in the layout that can be used to disable some effects and hopefully improve performance, but the surface issues still remains.
I've been thinking of a way to streamline the layout for some time, one of the options is, instead of using surfaces for each tile, to use a single surface as big as the screen and apply dynamic shadows to that, but I fear that would be a heavy GLSL shader for lower spec GPUs