Author Topic: What am I doing wrong? Choice Starts then Attract-Mode pops back.  (Read 2443 times)

peejaygee

• View Profile
Hey Guys, I've looked around all the settings, searched google, but ended up here for guidance and advice.

I'm semi-new to Linux, so go easy on me.

So I got it all set up, I have a rotating theme, and I have everything in place, for the contents.

I get to a 'choice' and hit enter/leftctrl and it goes to start up, then Attract-Mode pops back in front, if I then close 'Attract-mode' then mame is sitting there waiting for me to hit OK to continue to the 'choice' I chose.

I was looking at the 'timer' choice in the menus, but it 1) says it's for Steam and 2) says don't touch this unless you know what you are doing. So I guess it's not that.

Can anybody help me?

akafox

• View Profile
Re: What am I doing wrong? Choice Starts then Attract-Mode pops back.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 11:03:28 AM »
sounds like you have it set up right..you just don't have your command line arguments setup right. Here is a part copy of my config file for mame:

Code: [Select]
executable           mame
args                 [name]
rompath              $HOME/.mame/roms/
romext               .zip
system               Arcade
info_source          mame

see if yours looks like mine..if not make it look that way...

try to see if that will help you...if not...you could post post your config file (look in .attract/emulators (.attract is a hidden folder you'll have to show hidden folders (ctrl+period or ctrl+H)) and I'll take a look at it.

Also what version of linux are you using (there are many versions of linux.) Also I made a write up here http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=321.0 if you want to read it.
People want life easy..then complain about it