Author Topic: MAME with attract mode  (Read 3663 times)

peter40

• View Profile
MAME with attract mode
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:06:11 AM »
Hello guys thanks for the good works..

2 quick questions with MAME I have 2 issues

1- On the main system wheel i did not have any image and video for MAME LIBRETRO I have a question mark? but I have have for for advance MAME and for MAME for all do you know how to solve that?

2- With MAME again when I have roms with 2 or more files to play do you know who to hide the other parts because i have to put 2 or more  image and video for the same game or it has question mark?

thanks for your reply

Pierre

akafox

• View Profile
Re: MAME with attract mode
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 08:57:54 AM »
Could you post your  MAME LIBRETRO.cfg please. I think there is a seperate folder for the artwork on that core..

well you'll need to filter..(i'm not good with filters) but you have "duplicate" snaps because the parent snap is showing and then the clone..AM using the parent snap for both..if memory serves me right...

better to use romlister to delete the unwanted clones..(takes 16 GB..after I cut it down it took 7 GB) then filter if you too.
People want life easy..then complain about it

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 12:57:22 AM »
1) you are missing the artwork for the MAME LIBRETRO in the /home/pi/.attract/menu-art/ folders. (you could copy and rename the files for MAME that you say work and rename them for MAME LIBRETRO display)

2) Configure-->Displays--><your mame display name>-->Global Filter-->Add Rule-->Target= CloneOf
    Configure-->Displays--><your mame display name>-->Global Filter-->Add Rule-->Comparison= not_equals
    Configure-->Displays--><your mame display name>-->Global Filter-->Add Rule-->Filter Value= .*

IMO - using the "acrade" rom folder for all your different MAME emulators is a better option than using the separate folders for each MAME emulator. You would then use the "runcommand" to tell roms which emulator to use for a given game. On my build I use mame2003 for 99% of games and then just make exceptions for the few dozen games that don't don't run in mame2003 to use other emulators (i.e. mame2010 and fba).

peter40

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 04:38:29 AM »
thanks for the reply I will try that

Pierre