Author Topic: Enable/disable plugins on-the-fly from script?  (Read 3607 times)

Arcadefan1

• View Profile
Enable/disable plugins on-the-fly from script?
« on: January 20, 2018, 08:41:51 AM »
Hi!
Is there a way to enable or disable a plugin from within a script?

Thanks guys

Arcadefan1

• View Profile
Re: Enable/disable plugins on-the-fly from script?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 03:34:26 AM »
Ok, I found a workaround for my specific problem.

But still I am curious, is it possible to enable or disable a plugin via a line of code?

YellowBirdAZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 06:13:17 AM »
I would like to know too.

In the meantime, what was your work-around? I'm wondering if it would work for me.

Arcadefan1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 08:46:48 AM »
My workaround was rethinking my control panel design. 😉 I swapped around some buttons, so I don't interfere with the plugin buttons... but it would be nice to know how to disable a plugin...

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 05:19:43 PM »
My workaround was rethinking my control panel design. 😉 I swapped around some buttons, so I don't interfere with the plugin buttons... but it would be nice to know how to disable a plugin...

Edit the config file and reload the layout. Only way I can think of. It’s a pain. May I ask why you need to disable/enable plugins on the fly? Maybe they better off loaded as a module?

YellowBirdAZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 06:31:48 PM »
That is a great question re plug-ins vs modules. I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure exactly what the distinction was between them.

I have a music plugin that I'm starting to think might be better suited for a module.

Arcadefan1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 07:01:15 AM »
Edit the config file and reload the layout. Only way I can think of. It’s a pain. May I ask why you need to disable/enable plugins on the fly? Maybe they better off loaded as a module?

I am trying to create a module that shows the game flyer artwork. When a certain action button is pressed and held down, then the artwork pops up and by using the joystick and two other action buttons you can zoom in and out and navigate across the artwork. I use a CRT, so you can't see details when a flyer is shown even in fullscreen. I can 'capture' all inputs, but a button with a plugin assigned to it will always run the plugin. No matter what I do...
but you are right, I could convert the plugin to a module. Didn't thought of that. Thanks!