Author Topic: New feature. Allow user to select which .nut file to use from layout config  (Read 4488 times)

calle81

• View Profile
This new feature is pretty awesome. I use multiple layout*.nut files in my HyperPie theme and with this new feature we will be able to set a specific nut per display.

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/commit/7b1cc07f2274cca87d11e928a1fdc598d876bc6a

Also make note of this new feature which allow you to configure layout options per display and not only per theme. Perfect for universal themes like the HyperPie theme.

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/commit/f55779e54ab04305c3604a3f0b894b5e95ce0888

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
iv just used the toggle layout,,is all

so what is the advantage...
is it not just doing the same thing?
help a friend....

calle81

• View Profile
You dont have toggle through all layouts or "views" as I call them. You can select the one you want for each display through the display options. Some views might look better for specific systems. Arcade views versus console views and so on.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
@jedione

As I see it - main (great) difference is that you don't have to have multiple copies of the theme - if only layout.nut is changing.
Easier to maintain especially if your setup is more complicated (like multiple themes/settings for platforms/games/collections).

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
gocha,   thanks guys....
help a friend....

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Great features! The old way was more of a workaround hack. This makes more sense and is more efficient.

iOtero

• View Profile
I'm using the Orbit layout.
And "per_display" does not work for me.

In attract.cfg, change what changes in each layout of the Orbit, it only saves me the one applied to the last change

Code: [Select]
layout_config Orbit
param                bg_image
param                count 5
param                enable_bloom Yes
param                orbit_art marquee
param                spin_ms 120
param                static_effect Yes

Do we have to do more than put per_display = "true" in the config?

Code: [Select]
</ label="Orbit Artwork", help="The artwork to spin into orbit", options="marquee,flyer,wheel", order=1, per_display="true" />
orbit_art="marquee";

I have tried with Reflect layout and it does not keep the different displays either.

I am using attract-mode 2.3.0 for windows 64bits. Another version is needed? Which?

In nightly builds I only see olders versions.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:50:13 AM by zlagos »
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

iOtero

• View Profile
I just contacted Mickelson on GitHub and he told me that the only way to make the per_display work is to compile the version we are developing on our own or wait for the new version of attract mode.

And I have already tried to compile attracmode 3 times on my own in windows 10, but I have not managed it.

I have put the errors that come to me in the forum, but nobody answers me :D

Sorry, my english is very, very, very bad ;D
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero