Attract-Mode Support > General

AM hangs on exit from MAME

(1/2) > >>

Bgoulette:
Hey all,

I'm not sure what I did, but whereas AM used to work just fine when exiting from Mame, now, it hangs, and I have to open the task manager and kill AM. I'm almost positive I read something about this previously, but if I did, I can't remember the search terms, because I'm not seeing any results.

I'm running the latest AM with mame64 on Windows 10. AM is running in the default (fillscreen) window mode. But none of the modes work like they should -- even windowed hangs.

I'm attaching my mame.cfg and attract.cfg files, just in case someone can spot something weird in there, but they look pretty standard to me. Thanks for looking!

jdevane9:
You have to disable the "focus" feature in windows...  I had the same problem two weeks ago on a new machine I was putting together and first time using windows 10.  Once I killed that off, it works great.

Bgoulette:
Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't seem to be it. (Unless there's more to turning it off than unchecking it?) I'm still getting the hang after exiting a game: the system doesn't return me to AM, it just sits there until I manually kill AM from Task Manager. Any other thoughts?

Bgoulette:
I tried deleting attract.cfg and letting AM rebuild it, but I still get the hang on exit. Mame works fine when running it through the command line or through the ui: it appears to be something with the way Mame and AM interact.

Any other thoughts? Help, please! Thanks!

Bgoulette:
Me again. Still no idea what I need to do (or even try next) to fix this constant crashing after exiting from Mame. Has no one else run into this and managed to solve it? Thinking I might have to gut my AM install and start over. Ugh. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version