Author Topic: [Solved] Attract Mode only displaying parent ROMs and no clone ROMs.  (Read 7850 times)

Rupert H

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode only displaying parent ROMs and no clone ROMs.
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 12:48:55 PM »
The new_mame.xml does have the clones, yes. I used the search function and found nslashersj (a clone of the Korean parent ROM).

I don’t have any filter set up in MAME. It’s a new build which I set up from fresh, with the exception of copying config and nvram files. As you can see from the attached photo, MAME is displaying the full 35,543/35,543 games and I can confirm that all of the clones I’ve tested are working properly.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 01:24:45 PM »
How many files do you have in c:\mame\roms?

Rupert H

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 01:32:26 PM »
12,355, which is made up of all the zipped ROM files plus four CHD files and one text file.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 02:05:04 PM »
It looks like you don't have the clone roms or you're using a merged MAME rom set. That number should be over 30,000 if you're using a split or non-merged MAME rom set.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 02:56:04 PM by progets »

Rupert H

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 03:56:01 PM »
I think you may just have solved my problem. I was sure that my old 1.93 set was merged and that AM could read merged sets. After you mentioned this I looked at my old back-up on and I was actually running a split set.   ::)

Thank you so much for going through that with me and solving my mistake. Time to get a split set.