Attract-Mode Support > Scripting

[video] animated marquee - DMD pinball display style

(1/3) > >>

verion:
Maybe I'm too picky - but scrapped marquees are not that great (quality wise, scrapping mechanism on its own - is a godsend!).
Faded colours, bad scans, etc. So I end up fixing almost every marquee that I wanted to use - or even making them from scratch.

So it got me thinking that I might be better spending that time actually "creating" something instead of "re-creating".

SMALL GIF here:

YT VIDEO
- - - - - - -
you can see the animated marquee in working theme:
https://youtu.be/1teabHUNAYA

xbs:
Looks fantastic!

liquid8d:
This looks amazing, especially on your layout! You have to create all of them from scratch, though? Might it be possible to apply a somewhat similar effect on existing marquees with a shader using a flyer/snap/marquee combo? Just a thought :)

verion:
Actually... I came up to this when I was thinking about making an "automatic marquee builder" for my NEVATO theme - using wheel and a fanart. But I've got carried away :)

But here's what you can do without breaking a sweat:

- wheel art with bloom shader on 45% opacity
- wheel art with 45% opacity
- "led array" png transparent mask
- fanart or flyer fit-to-width

---

This is something that even I can code - with my excellent code-copy-and-paste skills.

The animation is made with video post production software.
But if you are willing to handle the REAL coding - it can be push much further than my example above. I'm sure that it can be more-or-less recreated with coding - it's just a bunch of pretty simple transitions like scale, move, fade in, fade out - just stacked together nicely.

omegaman:
Looks amazing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version