Author Topic: Replacing stock marquee for unmatched marquees  (Read 3188 times)

YesAffinity

• View Profile
Replacing stock marquee for unmatched marquees
« on: October 28, 2016, 07:24:45 AM »
Hi all,

I just got attract mode working with MAME, and love it.  The setup was relatively simple, and the end result is great.  This build is actually a multicade which has been added to the "game room" at my work.  We were originally going to buy a new multicade, but the costs on those are kinda ridiculous.  A spare Intel i5 PC from IT staff, my know-how, and picking up an X arcade stick used off of craigslist today, and the whole build was done for a fraction of the cost.  Attract mode was essential to this success.

Now to my question.  Scraping artwork went mostly well, and marquees are displaying along with game play video (that is an awesome feature, I must say), for most games.  However, some games have a Nintendo DS marquee associated with them.  I assume this is happening because the rom or game name isn't properly associating with a marquee when scraping artwork, and the Nintendo DS marquee is the default.  Is there a way to change the default to something else, like a multicade or MAME marquee, to display as default?

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Replacing stock marquee for unmatched marquees
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »
I was using the scraper as well...and found that odd. It will put the wrong one on most systems honestly.

Easy to fix. Find you a nice mame marquee that you want to use. Rename the the marquee pic to the same name as the Nintendo DS marquee. I think it's just called "mame".

So....
1. Find yourself a nice marquee pic
2. name it mame dot jpg (or png) (ex.mame.png)
3. overwrite or delete the incorrect "mame" marquee

People want life easy..then complain about it

YesAffinity

• View Profile
Re: Replacing stock marquee for unmatched marquees
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 02:01:12 PM »
I was using the scraper as well...and found that odd. It will put the wrong one on most systems honestly.

Easy to fix. Find you a nice mame marquee that you want to use. Rename the the marquee pic to the same name as the Nintendo DS marquee. I think it's just called "mame".

So....
1. Find yourself a nice marquee pic
2. name it mame dot jpg (or png) (ex.mame.png)
3. overwrite or delete the incorrect "mame" marquee

Thanks akafox.  Where is the default location of the mame marquee and default filename?