Author Topic: Fullscreen mode cannot focus on game window when executed (AM 2.2.0 / Win10)  (Read 8628 times)

doodddoo

• View Profile
Hi there, is anyone else having an issue when Fullscreen Mode is set, where any game is launched, Attract Mode cannot focus and bring the game window to front? I notice this for any game, be it from retroarch, mame, dolphin etc. and only hear the music in the background.

Windows 10 Version 1607 (64-bit)

I notice other modes working fine, e.g. Window, Borderless Window and Fillscreen, where the game launches and is focussed fine, however, Borderless Window isn't working 100% either as I can see a thin grey border on the left and top sides of the screen.

Any one else with similar experiences?

Dark574

• View Profile
i have exactly the same problems with Windows 10 Version 1607 (64-bit) :/

web

• View Profile
i have the same problem (pc games)

retrogam3

• View Profile
Same problem with PPSSPP and Mupen64+. I do not have this problem with MAME64.exe or some other emulators. As mentioned above does work if in general settings are changed to Fillscreen(default) but then the Windows 10 task bar showing when AM was launched. :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 01:03:22 PM by xev1n »

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile

retrogam3

• View Profile
Thanks Raygun! :)

retrogam3

• View Profile
Installed 2.2.1 newest version and still same problem with Mupen64+ and PPSSPP. One other thing to note is if I press alt+tab I can get to the game but for some reason it does not bring those 2 emulators in front of AM automatically. Also my up/down sound does not work no matter which .mp3 file I choose for the up/down sound. I even added the left/right sound in the up/down choice which does work when left/right but not up/down.  :-\

amzg79

• View Profile
I have the same problem in AM 2.2.1 and win10  with retroarch and mame2014 core.

retrogam3

• View Profile
so the up/down sound issue was me just being dumb  :P. Didn't realize in sounds up/down and next game/previous game got separated out so i had sound mapped to up/down but not prev/next game. However the bringing the screen to front on certain emulators is still an issue.

akafox

• View Profile
Have you changed the settings in the configuration menu (tab key) --> general ---> Widow Mode ...change to fullscreen mode (press enter up or down then enter again)
People want life easy..then complain about it

retrogam3

• View Profile
Yes this only happens with PPSSPP and Mupen64+ but not in windowed mode only in Fullscreen you can also chose fill screen mode but then the windows 10 taskbar shows. Also when I launch a game from either of those emulators I can press alt+tab and it will go to the game. No issues in mame or other emulators.

akafox

• View Profile
Well my help is done..I don't use windows. I have no idea sorry. It is really weird though that it is only on the emulators you state and not the others. Might be something in your settings for those emulators. But again I can't help beyond that sorry.

I take it you are using the --fullscreen switch in the command line args coreect...there is not much in the man page..

People want life easy..then complain about it

tomek

• View Profile
    • About Me
Same problem here on macOS Sierra. See my post in a different thread.