Author Topic: Based on the new grid layout, similar to some of my original ones.  (Read 8468 times)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

cherwilco

• View Profile
Re: Based on the new grid layout, similar to some of my original ones.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 11:54:59 PM »
nope, not bad actually  ;) I really like that starfield. this makes me wonder though if there is a way to have alternate control schemes based on the layout. for example a lot of layouts have an up/down scroll for selecting games and that makes sense to have your controls mapped up and down for that.... then you switch to a layout with a left right scroll and you still need to use up/down to cycle through games, kinda weird

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 08:42:27 AM »
Well, you can definitely call other scripts with fe.do_nut(). You can also use tags for mapping input too. But, maybe Andrew can address that in better detail. Little tip, I map keys for next and previous list instead of left or right joystick so things don't get mucked up when scrolling.

cherwilco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 03:24:10 PM »
yep I use a wireless xbox360 controller and my next and previous lists are the shoulder buttons, but I was using left and right to jump through the list faster... might have to revise that