Author Topic: The Great Themes Collection v10.3.2 - Final Edition! (Updated 27 February 2021)  (Read 157327 times)

Yaron2019

Re: The Great Themes Collection v3.0 [Released!!!]
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2020, 10:45:15 PM »
Thank you so much for your time and hard work on making these Yaron2019! With that said I have a list of MORE work for you to do!  :P  ;)

Consoles
Atari Jaguar
PlayStation 2
Virtual Boy
NEC Turbografx-16 CD
NEO-GEO CD

Computers
Acorn Atom
Acorn Archimdies
Acorn Electorn
BBC Micro
Tandy CoCo
Dragon 32/64
Fujtsu FM-7
Macintosh
Oric-1/Atmos
Generic PC  <- for all the free linux games out there!
PC-8800
PC-9800
SAM Coupé
Sharp X1
Sharp X68000
TI-99/4A
TRS-80
ZX-81
ZX-82

Arcade
FinalBurn Neo
TatioX
D.I.C.E.
American Laser Games

Handheld
Game & Watch
Nintendo DS
PSP

That should keep you busy till this covid thing is over!  ;)

I do have a question...I noticed with your sega CD dark theme it played a sound clip. Is there a way to have background music but have it change theme to theme. Just a question..maybe for later. It will not hurt the theme if it doesn't!

You are welcome.
It's very nice that you want every system in existence but that will not happen of course.
Rub an old oil lamp and wish for two systems you really want. It's 2 and not 3 because you already spent one wish on the new NES layout you requested which is ready. The theme-jinn has spoken.

P.S
The collection already includes the Sharp x68000 and Nintendo Virtual Boy. I have released an AWESOME Nintendo Game & Watch theme here (will be included in the next collection release):
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3391.0
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:51:56 PM by Yaron2019 »

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2020, 09:12:56 AM »
You are welcome.
It's very nice that you want every system in existence but that will not happen of course.
Rub an old oil lamp and wish for two systems you really want. It's 2 and not 3 because you already spent one wish on the new NES layout you requested which is ready. The theme-jinn has spoken.

I don't expect you to do that. I was just picking on you (but I was also bragging a little on your work with it as well) you do GREAT work but yeah  I do not expect you to do ALL the work..trust me I understand!

As for my other wish...neo geo CD. That is all I really need as all the other systems that are popular you have done. As for the PC themes...well not to many people emulate PC systems. To do that you need a keyboard and/or mouse just to play some games. So it is just easier to emulate them on a PC. Mst want these themes to go into cabinet or such..and well that defeats the purpose of a keyboard and mouse huh?  :-\

I do hope that you will upload templates or such so that others if they wish can make the "missing" systems if they desire.
People want life easy..then complain about it

Yaron2019

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2020, 10:43:58 AM »
As for my other wish...neo geo CD.

consider it done. You will have it in the next release.

I do hope that you will upload templates or such so that others if they wish can make the "missing" systems if they desire.

This is exactly what I planned on doing. And not just a template but a complete library of all XCF files (GIMP's PSD) and maybe some of the themes you already have with detailed comments.
Themes that will be posted and are of quality will be added tot he collection.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 03:10:21 AM by Yaron2019 »

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2020, 10:45:58 AM »
As for my other wish...neo geo CD.

consider it done. You will have it in the next release.

WAIT I had a chance to to ask for a chicken coop with and endless supply of chickens! *facepaws*  is it to late to change my wish!  :o
People want life easy..then complain about it

Deu

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2020, 04:56:06 PM »
From the first moment I saw this pack, it became my default theme.

I would like you to gradually include more systems, as long as you see yourself in the mood to do so.

When Attract goes into screensaver mode, the videos look deformed without any aspect ratio, this is because of the theme? If it's about the theme, you can enable an option to preserve the aspect ratio in screen saver mode?

I think there's a bug with the boxart in the Vectrex theme, the game boxes look with a strange geometry.

Can you add a option to spin the cartart on the systems they use CD?

Keep the good work, i love your work. And thanks.

Yaron2019

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2020, 07:20:40 AM »
Hi Deu, thank you for your kind words!
For the next release, I already added themes for consoles and fixed many bugs.

I don't think AM's screensaver is influenced by a theme as it is a theme in its own right.

As for spinning disc art, I didn't find a way to properly combine position and rotation animation. It either does this or that. I tried delaying the rotation until the movement of the disc is finished but the result was also bad. I just thought about a different approach. Will try tomorrow.

EDIT: No luck even when the new approach. If I am not missing something here I suspect that combining rotation and position animations will require the usage of a more advanced animation system (Animation2 module) - but we are talking here about a rewrite of many themes and that will not happen just to rotate discs  :D  If I migrate all the themes to Animation2 for some bigger reason I will go for the rotation as well.
Cheers
Yaron
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 01:34:29 AM by Yaron2019 »

PSOGene

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2020, 10:30:08 PM »
Hi Deu, thank you for your kind words!
For the next release, I already added themes for consoles and fixed many bugs.

I don't think AM's screensaver is influenced by a theme as it is a theme in its own right.

As for spinning disc art, I didn't find a way to properly combine position and rotation animation. It either does this or that. I tried delaying the rotation until the movement of the disc is finished but the result was also bad. I just thought about a different approach. Will try tomorrow.

Cheers
Yaron
I would like to add that I never see this actually happening where people started to make requests and wishes from you and all I wanted to do was giving you a suggestion of a few themes were missing with your collection and I feel that you shouldn't be forced to do everything you dont want to do and we're here to support you because I feel that you do done a wonderful fixed within the themes and I know there's a lot of things to be worked but I did not expect that people here starts to asking and requesting and wishing from you to add more themes I hope that I'm not the cause of the problem it's just that we really truly love her collection of themes but they are off some there are they're not complete for example you don't have all the handheld like Sony PSP it's the only thing that is missing. I just want to let you know we are here support you all the way and giving you feedback and Bug reports and to contribute  your handwork because you have really  awesome collection and admired by your creation so please don't put too much pressure on your self and to your work just take a little bit of time we're all here are patient and we understand it it's not easy making these type of theme. please keep up the good work and god bless you
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 10:37:27 PM by PSOGene »

Yaron2019

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2020, 01:44:48 AM »
I would like to add that I never see this actually happening where people started to make requests and wishes from you and all I wanted to do was giving you a suggestion of a few themes were missing with your collection and I feel that you shouldn't be forced to do everything you dont want to do and we're here to support you because I feel that you do done a wonderful fixed within the themes and I know there's a lot of things to be worked but I did not expect that people here starts to asking and requesting and wishing from you to add more themes I hope that I'm not the cause of the problem it's just that we really truly love her collection of themes but they are off some there are they're not complete for example you don't have all the handheld like Sony PSP it's the only thing that is missing. I just want to let you know we are here support you all the way and giving you feedback and Bug reports and to contribute  your handwork because you have really  awesome collection and admired by your creation so please don't put too much pressure on your self and to your work just take a little bit of time we're all here are patient and we understand it it's not easy making these type of theme. please keep up the good work and god bless you

You are the sweetest guy  :D
I am a grown up man and feel no pressure at doing anything. I enjoy doing the themes very much, especially now that I have more understanding of how it works. I also learn a lot in the process. It is natural that when you put out a Collection, users will ask for additions - this one wants more systems, the other new features and many report bugs. It's all cool as long as people are friendly, polite, help each other and don't pig out.
I can tell you that I have a list of missing systems that I intend on creating and it includes the PSP and other handhelds as well.
When I finish adding this list, and am happy with the result, I intend on releasing all the art files with some explanation of how to create additional themes so people can use it to either add to the collection or create their own new thing.

Last but not least - may God bless you and your family too. Keep it strong!

Yaron2019

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2020, 12:49:09 PM »
The new themes I am working on are so beautiful you will want to marry them...  :-*
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 01:31:25 PM by Yaron2019 »

Deu

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2020, 03:19:44 AM »
Thanks for your work.

Yaron2019

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2020, 06:15:02 AM »
Thanks for your work.

My pleasure.

Yaron2019

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2020, 12:38:12 PM »
4 more themes and it's ready  8)

Deu

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2020, 01:01:39 PM »
You are guilty of going in several times a day to check this thread. :D

Yaron2019

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2020, 12:07:28 AM »
You are guilty of going in several times a day to check this thread. :D

HAHA 2 themes to go!!  ;D

Yaron2019

Re: The Great Themes Collection v4.0 [Released!!!!]
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2020, 10:32:33 AM »
The Great Themes Collection version 4.0 is here and what a release it is!!!!

I have created beautiful new themes for the Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Xbox, Xbox 360,
Neo Geo CD, Nintendo Entertainment System, PC Games, Windows 3.x, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, Sony PSP
and Neo Geo Pocket! The Nintendo Game & Watch theme is now also included.

The collection is also - for the first time - free of any legacy, non-original themes! HURA!

I have replaced the old fillers with much better original themes for the Nintendo Famicom, Nintendo Famicom Disk System,
GCE Vectrex, MSX, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game Boy Advance, Virtual Boy, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Sega Game Gear
and Atari Lynx!

I have also improved the visuals and animations for the Commodore Amiga, Commodore 64, Sega Saturn, Sega Genesis,
Mega Drive, Playstation, Atari ST, Atari 8-bit, MSX 2, Wonderswan and Wonderswan Color!

Many of the themes now include at least two visual options: 'clean' and 'best game' version that
are easily switched between from the layout options menu. Most 'best game' versions also have
a unique startup sound that plays only when the theme starts and can be turned off from the layout menu
as well.

Just as important, I have made an enormous improvement to the entire collection's ability to
support more resolutions on 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratio displays.
I have fixed SO MANY issues in this regard it will take me two full forum
pages to just list them so let's just sum it up like this: I have squashed a demonic hord of bugs.
I have also taken care that the themes don't break on 4:3 monitors.
That being said, with the exception of the three Hyperspin Theme Mode variations, the graphics included in this collection were
really made for wide screen monitors (16:9 / 16:10) and don't look as good on 4:3 ones.
All themes were tested in the following resolutions: 1920x1080, 1366x768, 1280x720, 1680x1050,
1440x900, 1024x768 and even 640x480.

In my humble opinion, this is now one of the best wheel based system themes collections out there, no matter which front end we are talking about.
As such, this release deserves a special celebration video: (please press the Like button!)
https://youtu.be/m68yza6Sypc

Go to the original post for a download link: 
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3289.0

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:10:38 AM by Yaron2019 »