Author Topic: I can't play on DuckStation and PCSX2 through Attract Mode  (Read 159 times)

ThePayne

• View Profile
Hello. I can't figure out what are the problems with these 2 emulators when i try to running it through Attract Mode, i try any imaginable solutions but i still haven't fix the issues, when i was on Windows 10 back in the day, was everything fine, now on windows 11 i have these new problems. I already have the games in the folders, i renamed it cuz for convenience months ago, but i don't think this thing is a problem, i rarely use Attract Mode, but now when i need it for PS1 and PS2 games, doesn't work. I attach down below what i have encountered, i hope you will can help me, thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 05:39:41 PM by ThePayne »

mentat

• View Profile
Re: I can't play on DuckStation and PCSX2 through Attract Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 12:23:49 PM »
Hi !

I have been faced to the same problem recently.
My config is working with this two emulators since years, but now, they don't work, with the same error message.

So I check the rompath in my config files, and I simply replace all the "/" characters by "\"
This fix the problem.

I don't really understand why it's working before and not now, but this fix is working.

PS: I'm not near my retrogaming machine, I give you this from memory.

ThePayne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:23:38 AM »
Hi !

I have been faced to the same problem recently.
My config is working with this two emulators since years, but now, they don't work, with the same error message.

So I check the rompath in my config files, and I simply replace all the "/" characters by "\"
This fix the problem.

I don't really understand why it's working before and not now, but this fix is working.

PS: I'm not near my retrogaming machine, I give you this from memory.
Hello! Thanks for the answer, i did what you said, i went to emulators then my PS1 cfg file (after i will go to my PS2 cfg if i fix the PS1 one) and i replace the / with the \ in the rompath but nothing has changed, i assume they broken some things in a DuckStation and PCSX2 QT interface after an update. You can share your PS1 and PS2 cfg files when you return to your retrogaming PC? Thanks so much

mentat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 09:46:46 AM »
Hi

I've posted the two emulators config file.
I've AttractMode Plus v3.08, windows 11.

I've just updated the two emulators to the latest version (duckstation and psx2) and can confirm it's work.

Don't forget to add a "\" at the end of the rompath.

Best regards

ThePayne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:30:55 AM »
Hi

I've posted the two emulators config file.
I've AttractMode Plus v3.08, windows 11.

I've just updated the two emulators to the latest version (duckstation and psx2) and can confirm it's work.

Don't forget to add a "\" at the end of the rompath.

Best regards
Ah so i should just put the \ at the end of rompaths, now works. Thanks a lot my friend, you saved me to almost uninstall Attract Mode, cuz i use it just for the PS1 and 2 recently
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:34:12 AM by ThePayne »