Author Topic: OlRoom Theme Released (Full theme on 2nd page) (Thanks for Ptiwee for codding)  (Read 136222 times)

Spinelli

• View Profile
As many requested, here is the .PSD file for this theme!

I hope you guys enjoy and post here in the future your editions / addictions for this theme!  ;D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0E1z5NsLUJFSE54U1dNWE9PUkE

kent79

• View Profile

I hope you guys enjoy and post here in the future your editions / addictions for this theme!  ;D

Many Thanks  :)

Cobra83

• View Profile
Wow...Thank you very much for the reply and for sharing everything!!!!

bundangdon

• View Profile

Thank you very much for sharing! I'm working on a similar theme with a text-based menu, for people like myself who prefer not to use the 'wheels' based-menu. It's coming along well so far but needs some better artwork like the one you provided here :)

bundangdon

• View Profile

Thank you very much for sharing! I'm working on a similar theme with a text-based menu, for people like myself who prefer not to use the 'wheels' based-menu. It's coming along well so far but needs some better artwork like the one you provided here :)

Here's what I came up with. It's a somewhat simpler version of your original theme with some elements changed, the most obvious one being the wheels-menu was changed to a text-menu, mostly because I don't like searching for 'matching' wheel images especially for the less popular systems :) Also, I found a way to fill up the tv screen, and now use fades for the box art and videos. Still work a progress but thank you again for the help and inspiration!  :D

Spinelli

• View Profile

Here's what I came up with. It's a somewhat simpler version of your original theme with some elements changed, the most obvious one being the wheels-menu was changed to a text-menu, mostly because I don't like searching for 'matching' wheel images especially for the less popular systems :) Also, I found a way to fill up the tv screen, and now use fades for the box art and videos. Still work a progress but thank you again for the help and inspiration!  :D

That's Great  ;D

Can you share the code for "fill up the tv screen" ?

bundangdon

• View Profile

Sure! But it's not really anything special in the code and is more of a photoshop 'trick'. I learned this idea a few years ago while making a theme for hyperspin. What I did is, copied the screen of the tv, pasted it to a new file, and finally used photoshop's "magic eraser tool" to remove the screen from the tv. Then, in the code, I programmed it to where the tvscreen.png will be placed behind the video (as a layer). Here's the code and media used in my version of OlRoom :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:08:30 AM by bundangdon »

Spinelli

• View Profile
thanks!

Spinelli

• View Profile
I've updated the theme to add Scanlines and TV Borders (I used another technique, but was inspired by the result of the release of bundangdon).

Hope you guys enjoy! :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

bundangdon

• View Profile
Thank you very much for the update and also very happy to hear that I provided some 'inspiration'!  :D

Spinelli

• View Profile
Thank you very much for the update and also very happy to hear that I provided some 'inspiration'!  :D

You're Welcome! :)

Melu

• View Profile
This is a Super Nintendo Europe. Thank you Spinelli.

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:28:41 PM by Melu »

cyberx

• View Profile
Has anyone done any other Consoles?
I have the NES, Master, Mega, N64, 32x and SNES ones that were created.
How about 2600, tg-16, or maybe some handhelds?

This stuff is awesome!

Trekdrop

• View Profile
I have download them all and apply them right away:) just two questions, is it possible to remove the black border on the right side (where the wheel is in) en i want to remove the tome names and playtime in the bottom.

Spinelli

• View Profile
I have download them all and apply them right away:) just two questions, is it possible to remove the black border on the right side (where the wheel is in) en i want to remove the tome names and playtime in the bottom.

Yeah,

just delete or put "//" (without commas) before those lines in layout.nut file.

// Title
local title = fe.add_text("[Title]", flw*0, flh*0.89, flw*0.4, flh*0.1);
title.align = Align.Left;
title.charsize = 40;
title.set_rgb(255, 255, 255);

// Playtime
local playtime = fe.add_text("Playtime : [PlayedTime]", flw*0.31, flh*0.89, flw*0.4, flh*0.1);
playtime.align = Align.Right;
playtime.charsize = 40;
playtime.set_rgb(255, 255, 255);

local conveyor_bg = fe.add_text("", flw*0.73, flh*0, flw*0.28, flh*1);
conveyor_bg.set_bg_rgb(0,0,0);
conveyor_bg.bg_alpha = 220;