Author Topic: Need help getting PC Engine CD bin files to work  (Read 3539 times)

Strider_Hiryu

• View Profile
Need help getting PC Engine CD bin files to work
« on: December 26, 2016, 05:14:32 PM »
     Hello everyone. I enjoy using the Attract Mode front end to launch NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TG16, PS1, Sega Master System, Mame, and Neo Geo roms/isos. I have run into a problem launching PC Engine .bin and .cue files, however. When I click on the A button to start the game, it simply cycles back to the screen showing the snap video I selected as a demonstration. I'll include an a copy of the runcommand.log I got here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FI4-AirrOsjri5LPk6RFPzZ6PP4tWYdEtxbbdPkgr1o/edit?usp=sharing.

I attempted to use /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh under the Executable section (under Edit Emulator).
I also used 0 _SYS_pcengine "[romfilename]" under the Command Arguments section (also under Edit Emulator). I left a copy of syscard3.pce in the BIOS folder, where I think you need to place any important system files for Attract Mode and Emulation Station. The funny part is that when I launch these games under Emulation Station, they are able to run without a problem. I would rather use Attract Mode though. I also checked the syntax used in the .cue file to make sure that the spelling and text were identical to that of the .bin file. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but let me say thanks to anyone here who has the solution.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help getting PC Engine CD bin files to work
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 08:47:36 PM »
0 _SYS_pcengine "[romfilename]"

Your missing a space in this argument. It should be
Code: [Select]
0 _SYS_ pcengine "[romfilename]"

Strider_Hiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 02:48:19 PM »
I will try this today. If it works, I'll thank you now. If not, I'll let you know. Thanks for your input  :).

Strider_Hiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 04:32:23 PM »
Thanks alot! The spacing between those characters did the trick!  ;D