Author Topic: Some Displays are empty (pi)  (Read 3083 times)

PoopyMcBumBum

• View Profile
Some Displays are empty (pi)
« on: January 03, 2017, 12:57:25 AM »
Hello. I am setting up AM on a pi (Starting with the "Motion Blue" image.. where everything uses HS/EmuMovies naming standards). Some of my displays just show up blank/empty. There is a romlist.txt, roms in the foler, artwork etc. Other displays work with the same setup but a few are giving me problems.

I am making romlists from fairly up to date XML files from Hyperspin. Some work, but for others this happens:

pi@retropie:~ $ attract --import-romlist Nintendo\ Entertainment\ System.xml Nintendo\ Entertainment\ System
*** Importing Collection/Rom List: Nintendo Entertainment System.xml
    Error opening file: Nintendo Entertainment System.xml
[Import Nintendo Entertainment System.xml] - Imported 0 entries.

Just to clarify, some of the ones that are blank are not romlists that I generated myself.. It seems like I am getting what would happen if I had no roms in the roms folder for that system. Checked the path, roms with the right file extension are in the folder.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:52:16 AM by PoopyMcBumBum »

PoopyMcBumBum

• View Profile
Re: Some Displays are empty (pi)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 06:24:50 AM »
I think it might have something to do with the file name of the romlist txt files. For example PlayStation vs Playstation? I feel like I've tried everything here...

EDIT--- Ok each display that was blank was due to some sort of oversight on my part such as the Amiga set I have being .zip or just not realizing I didn't copy some things. The error in the first post was due to not being in the romlist directory. Learning about generating a romlist using listxml was also helpful :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:24:20 PM by PoopyMcBumBum »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Some Displays are empty (pi)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 01:53:46 AM »
I don't have his image but he states in the notes that he's using HyperSpin/RocketLauncher naming. All the names will have the manufacture of the console in the name.

Sony PlayStation vs PlayStation
Commodore Amiga vs Amiga
Nintendo Entertainment System vs NES vs Nintendo NES
Super Nintendo Entertainment System vs SNES vs Nintendo SNES

Your roms might not be showing up because they are using a different naming convention for the romset. HyperSpin is picky and uses nointro sets. Good sets and other sets naming convention are different.

Also, your error importing the .xml file states it can't see your .xml file. Are you running the command from the /.attract/romlist/ folder? If not, you need to switch to that folder or define the path in your command. You can also try using quotes for files that have spaces like "Nintendo Entertainment System.xml"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:36:08 AM by progets »