Author Topic: (Resolved) Video previews stall. jerky or... sometimes normal?  (Read 3332 times)

DietCoke

• View Profile
Using attracman, the preview videos are looking odd.  The video file does seem to come up on the screen and I might see 1-2 seconds of movement and it freezes.  On others it'll play right through with no freezing or stuttering.  Has anyone else seen this?  Based on the fact that I can see some videos and they're all in the same directory I think the path issue could be ruled out?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:53:22 PM by DietCoke »

DietCoke

• View Profile
Re: Video previews stall. jerky or... sometimes normal?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 09:53:01 PM »
Resolved!

I had just downloaded the mame hq mp4 videos from emumovies via the app "Download Artwork and Videos" that was installed after I'd installed GameEx.  But I checked the setting "Remove fade in from start of video" in the options tab before downloading the set, as I was interested in removing the fade in.  I noticed when playing one file just via WMP that there was pretty significant artifacting for just a moment.  Anyhow, I swapped the files back out to the ones that fade in, and now all of the preview videos are working fine! 

One way that someone could relate this experience to - if you hear about 3 seconds of audio but the video doesn't move, followed by a repeat of the same audio again, and on and on... that'd be what I noticed this problem exhibited.

Point is - Thinking of removing the fade in from the start of videos?  Don't.   :o