Author Topic: Static List & Dynamic Selection Bar  (Read 3413 times)

rand0m

• View Profile
Static List & Dynamic Selection Bar
« on: November 07, 2017, 03:52:40 AM »
Hi, can someone please guide me on how to get a static gamelist (listbox entries)? The way it works right now is that list is dynamic (moves up or down) while selection bar remains static. I want to move the selection bar while keeping the items in listbox static. Is it possible on default setup? or with help of conveyor plugin? Thanks.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Static List & Dynamic Selection Bar
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 05:09:23 AM »
Hi, can someone please guide me on how to get a static gamelist (listbox entries)? The way it works right now is that list is dynamic (moves up or down) while selection bar remains static. I want to move the selection bar while keeping the items in listbox static. Is it possible on default setup? or with help of conveyor plugin? Thanks.

What layout are you using?

Is the mvs module something similar to what your looking for? Conveyor module has objects that moves. Not sure what you mean.

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 06:35:14 AM »
Thanks, I am trying to achieve the following for a theme I am working on:

example (default behavior):

rom1
rom2
rom3 <--select/ highlight/ choose bar/area
rom4
rom5

If i press up or down, the select bar (or cursor) remains at the same spot that is for example if it was on location 400x200 - it will remain on that same spot, the list will move up or down so in above example if I press up rom2 will move to the place of rom3 (to select area) if I press down rom 4 will move to the place of rom3 while select/ highlight area remains static. What I am hoping for is a way to find where the rom list remains intact while select area moves so in above example pressing up will move the "select bar" to rom 2. Same is the case with conveyor.

Advance Layouts (https://github.com/mickelson/attract/wiki/Layouts---advanced-lists) mention specifying slots for items in list but the behavior is same. Thank you for the MVS tip, I'll check it out.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 01:57:56 PM »
is this what your looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnm0hBkGeOU&feature=youtu.be

it's modified grid
help a friend....

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 03:07:01 AM »
Thank you, the part where it selects consoles is exactly what i want. I'll check Modified grid