Attract-Mode Support > Scripting

Controls module v1.0!

(1/4) > >>

liquid8d:
I've just put together another module for the toolbox  ;D

The Controls module allows you to more easily create a layout that contains selectable buttons and labels:

The module is located here, along with a README to explain usage:
https://github.com/liquid8d/attract-extra/tree/master/modules/objects/controls

There is also a sample layout for using the module here:
https://github.com/liquid8d/attract-extra/tree/master/layouts/sample_controls

Right now it just contains selectable labels and buttons. I will probably be looking at adding perhaps some checkboxes that could change a setting, or maybe lists as well.

I'm anticipating some good feedback for this module as some designers start figuring out how to create some more unique, navigate-able layouts  ;)

Enjoy!

jedione:
i will be trying this out...fo-shure

thank you..... :) :) :)

calle81:
Wow, I thought I was done with my theme for HyperPie2... Amazing work as always!  :)

calle81:
Is it possible to make a sub-menu that popups when you press a specific button? Would be great to see a code snippet I can steal to incorporate into themes. :)
The layouts are already so crowded so I'm having a hard time imaging how to fit the buttons I want.

liquid8d:

--- Quote from: calle81 on December 11, 2017, 06:01:24 AM ---Is it possible to make a sub-menu that popups when you press a specific button? Would be great to see a code snippet I can steal to incorporate into themes. :)
The layouts are already so crowded so I'm having a hard time imaging how to fit the buttons I want.

--- End quote ---

The sample layout does exactly that. It toggles a menu surface when a signal is received, enables the controls, and hooks control actions to return and disable/hide the menu.

If your layout is crowded, use a toggle then overlay a new surface that "hides" or covers the main one. It depends on what you want the controls to do, whether it seems appropriate to still see the layout while using the controls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version