Author Topic: Grid modifications  (Read 6960 times)

Elaphe

• View Profile
Grid modifications
« on: September 30, 2015, 01:29:40 AM »
I'm very interested in making my layout based on the grid layout, but I need to change some things:

1.- Every snapshot must be labelled with the name of the game it belongs to.

2.- No horizontal panning, only vertical. I don't know if this is a bug, but I have defined vertical scroll, so when I reach the right margin (for instance), and press right again, the layout should do nothing or jump to the next row, not scroll the page horizontally, which makes everything confusing. Horizontal scrolling also happens after some seconds when I browse vertically while holding down the key. Also, when browsing the list vertically, I see games repeating again (very confusing).

2.- Hide bios and devices.

3.- Not totally necessary, but it would be a cool feature that the selected snap, after one second, changes to title snap, and then the cycle continues after it's deselected.

4.- Keyboard selection of games by typing the first letters of its name. Is this possible?

De_Cadanz

• View Profile
Re: Grid modifications
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 07:44:59 AM »
And my request:
Game list begins in center, but better see it as standart listbox, from top to bottom.

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 09:51:06 AM »
Every snapshot must be labelled with the name of the game it belongs to

It does have an Overlay Wheel option if you have wheel art. If that doesn't work for you, you'll need to modify 'MySlot' which is the class that is used to generate each conveyor slot. In the constructor, you'd need to add a text relative to width and height variables - like it's already doing with the artwork. Then you'd need to update the other functions in the class ( on_progress, swap, set_index_offset, reset_index_offset, set_alpha and dim_if_needed) to appropriately position/update the text. The problem with fitting text within the grid is long names - either they will be cut off or small font and hard to read. I do have a scrollingtext class available which could possibly work if you wanted to give that a shot.

No horizontal panning, only vertical.
I'm not sure how the grid layout is supposed to work as I haven't really used it, but I see what you mean. You'd probably need to update (or extend Grid and override ) some of the functions where it changes the row/col based on input.

Hide bios and devices
This is not a layout thing - but a display filter thing. I don't recall what/if you can properly filter bios and devices with. Perhaps someone has a filter that does that.

the selected snap, after one second, changes to title snap, and then the cycle continues after it's deselected
This could be done in on_transition - when StartLayout/ToNewSelection/ToNewList occurs - update the slots artwork file_name. If it was continued and not a one-time thing, I think you'd need to implement an on_tick to update every so often.

Keyboard selection of games by typing the first letters of its name

This is something I really want to - but I don't think there is enough ability via scripting to implement it. We could make an overlay keyboard with letters to type in a search, but we need a way to create a temporary rule/filter and apply it via code.

Game list begins in center, but better see it as standart listbox, from top to bottom
I'm not sure how you'd have a list since input is already directed to the grid. Depending on how you wanted it to work, you could add title text of selected game somewhere, or if you just want a grid background with random pictures and a list overtop, that'd probably be best implemented as its own layout.

Hope that helps, it'd be a bit of work to customize :)

De_Cadanz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 11:54:58 PM »
Game list begins in center, but better see it as standart listbox, from top to bottom
I'm not sure how you'd have a list since input is already directed to the grid. Depending on how you wanted it to work, you could add title text of selected game somewhere, or if you just want a grid background with random pictures and a list overtop, that'd probably be best implemented as its own layout.
Sorry, I was rather sleepy when I came to this tread and write my post ;D
My request was about listbox, not grid. Now listbox begins from center, and will be great have a option when listbox begins from TOP (and end at the bottom, like standard windows listbox).