Author Topic: Tags  (Read 5887 times)

mondaiji

• View Profile
Tags
« on: November 05, 2015, 06:22:06 PM »
Is it possible to create a filter based on the tag file name rather than the contents in it? From my testing the answer is no, and it is easy enough to use a regular expression, just wondering if there is some other way?
Now I'm just using tag contains kof or tag contains mk or just using name contains mk.

e.g. tag layout is.
/romlists/fighters/kof.tag
/romlists/fighters/sf.tag
/romlists/fighters/mk.tab

I thought another method would be to use the "Extra" tag in the romlist file. What typical information do you put in extra?
My example of using it would be like..
mk2;;;;;;MK
mk3;;;;;;MK
sf2;;;;;;;SF2
then write a filter Extra equals MK.

Thanks.

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Tags
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 08:29:50 PM »
Here is a snippit of my list. Notice how each column lines up with..that is the info you use to filter. Example if I want just neogeo games I have to use the the data in AltRomname (neogeo). As for the extra..you can type what you want...or if the mamelist.xml (at least I think it uses that) has "extra" information then the info is put on the list there.

#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra
progolf;18 Holes Pro Golf (set 1);mame;;1981;Data East Corporation;Sports / Golf;2;270;joystick (8-way);imperfect;1;raster;;;
1941u;1941: Counter Attack (USA 900227);mame;1941;1990;Capcom;Shooter / Flying Vertical;2;270;joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;1941;;
pc_1942;1942 (PlayChoice-10);mame;;1987;Capcom;Shooter / Flying Vertical;2;0;joystick (8-way);imperfect;2;raster;playch10;;
2020bb;2020 Super Baseball (set 1);mame;;1991;SNK / Pallas;Sports / Baseball;2;0;joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;neogeo;;
People want life easy..then complain about it

mondaiji

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 03:43:07 AM »
I appreciate your help and I know the format of my example was wrong (as I was away from the PC while typing).
Back in front of the PC I took a look at the "Extra" column and it is used by chd and mechanical.

Just to clarify what I'm interested in knowing is if the filename.tag can be used as the filter.

From using attract the answer is no. Personally I think my best option is just to write a filter under fighting.txt.
rule     title contains "King of Fighters"
rule     title contains "Mortal Kombat"
rule     title contains "King of Fighters"

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 10:59:43 PM »
... (as I was away from the PC while typing).

I want to know how you do that ;)

Yeah sorry I am not good with filtering.

People want life easy..then complain about it

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 02:52:35 PM »
Add games in AttractMode to the filename.tag by setting up a key for Add/Remove Tag. I assume you have already done this if you have those files already.

Then setup a filter for your display called 'Fighting' with the rule 'Tag contains Fighting'. All games that have been added to the Fighting.tag file will be listed

I'm not sure if I understand, but if you have already tagged the games (either in AM, or by manually adding to the list) then you can have multiple tags in the rule, so in  your case you would have something like:

Tag equals kof|sf|mk
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:01:00 PM by liquid8d »

mondaiji

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 06:22:24 PM »
@akafox - Away from the PC while typing that post.... I was on my phone but lets not neg on brevity in posts especially from mobile devices.

@liquid8d - That's exactly what I was doing and how attracemode works with regular expressions. I'll just work with that method for now.

P.S Thanks for the help guys.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:48:29 PM by lacanian »