Author Topic: [preview] CARBON theme (coverflow-like)  (Read 7084 times)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
[preview] CARBON theme (coverflow-like)
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:23:02 PM »
This is a sneak-peak of a concept I'm working on.

The main idea is to create cool-looking tiles from game snapshots or videos.

The tile is made from 3 elements: overlay, wheel graphics (game name), and underlying snapshot (or video).
All the shadows/reflections/glow are static PNG overlays so it should be realtively easy to code and can be used in 2D grid or in coverflow-like slideshow.

Screen layout is just a quick sketch to show the tiles in action - it's more about the tiles design itself.

What do you think?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:48:14 PM by verion »

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
Re: [preview] CARBON theme (coverflow-like)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 06:43:27 AM »
I like it a lot. It will be close to impossible to make the tiles work in AM because when using skew, it is currently not possible to mirror the tiles. To do this, raygun or another skilled c programmer would need to expose the sfml origen property within squirrel.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: [preview] CARBON theme (coverflow-like)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »
Well... I'm not that skilled in coding to oppose that, but just using the common sense and observation I can tell that it may be possible.

The tiles are not "mirrored" - they are skewed (or pinched - I can't remember right now) in opposite direction. But maybe you were talking exactly about this.

And I'm sure that this is possible to skew (or pinch?) on left or right side.
See the attached screenshot - NEVATO and REFLECT themes - one is pinched on the left and the other on right side.

So it looks like this is possible - or am I missing something?