Author Topic: Cosmo's Theme (v.1.1 uploaded!)  (Read 69388 times)

Asterra

• View Profile
Re: Cosmo's Theme (v.1.1 uploaded!)
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2017, 05:03:09 PM »
Superb work on these themes.  I'm actually primarily using your original "robospin-like themes" for every system I can, and intend to use this version for the systems not covered.  My current task is to figure out how to force the game screenshot to appear immediately, fading into the video after maybe a second, so that games can be scrolled through at leisure without having to wait on the video every time.  (If anyone wants to point me in the right direction, I'm all ears.)

Another thing I've been trying to do is to tweak the monitor bezel used in this 1.1 theme.  It's very slightly askew, in addition to having that curious wedge along the bottom edge that I have to assume was a famous feature of some bygone physical monitor.  I'm trying to correct both issues.  But if there's an alternative bezel I could try plugging in instead, maybe that would be more convenient.

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »
I get hit with some noticeable slowdown using this theme on the Pi, have it from the start just never got round to mention it. When I remove all the artwork leaving just the snap it runs fine. Can the Pi not handle all the 720 and 1080 artwork or is it possible the fact I have different sizes is what makes the Pi struggle?

cosmo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2017, 01:07:34 PM »
The main menu eats video ram like crazy. To improve perfomance it's advised to disable animations or artwork. A bit of overclock can help.
System menu should work better as it doesn't have to change the 720p background with each selection, but you can disable animations and use  .jpg artworks instead of heavier .png
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:09:07 PM by cosmo »

Intellettuanale

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2017, 12:08:55 PM »
Very nice work!! I set these themes as default.
I even add some collections layouts for super mario, metal slug, final fantasy and zelda. Maybe are not perfect but if you'd like to try it, here's the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j3eb6op48ld84rq/Collections.zip

Wheel's icons are from another theme. Unified theme I think.

Just one question: I've tried to copy some pointer icons in /home/pi/.attract/layouts/cosmo-favorites/pointers but the theme's menu option don't shows it. Do you know why?

Gforce

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 05:03:17 AM »
Hi guys,

Really like this theme!
When i use the theme i get the system icon overheat symbol in the right top corner.
Is this because the theme is heavier? or coincidence?
I got cpu at 1200, with heatsink and fan.

Greetings,

Pat
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:05:33 AM by Gforce »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2018, 09:28:20 PM »
Hi guys,

Really like this theme!
When i use the theme i get the system icon overheat symbol in the right top corner.
Is this because the theme is heavier? or coincidence?
I got cpu at 1200, with heatsink and fan.

Greetings,

Pat

Seems like you're using a Pi. Enabling hardware video decoding (mmal) will drop the temperature about 20 degrees. Right now you're overworking your CPU when the GPU should be doing the work. See the Pi FAQ for more information.

Gforce

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2018, 12:40:38 PM »
hi,

thnx for the help
What happened is very funny, my fan dropped down in the cabinet, temp went up to over 80 degrees.
now its good again, keeps temp at 56.
really very nice theme!

greetings,

Pat

yaron

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2018, 02:49:42 AM »
Hi Cosmo,

First let me thank you for your amazing work on this layout. I use it for ALL my systems on attract mode.
I have a request: can you please add a theme for Sega Naomi?
I created a background with Gimp but there is some difference between the save/export version of Gimp and whatever you used.
The result is that when I scroll through the game wheel, the game text info flickers. The same happens when I move through the systems menu.

Attached is the background I created, maybe you will spot the error I am doing...

Many many thanks !
Yaron

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2018, 07:51:09 AM »
thank you so much
Mame Fighting

UnknownFigure

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2018, 03:29:01 AM »
Can you people help me out?

While using the cosmo's theme, my CPU tends to be at 100% usage. What's wrong? Pc User here.

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2018, 08:34:44 PM »
or created the complete theme of NAOMI, here's what it looks like, if the author wants to insert it in the package I'm glad.

DOWNLOAD https://mega.nz/#!hM5B3KJI!6a_3Hb2t6lBlo4igR-dJlJ3rWO6g-dDUAG-1yOwhT1Q

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 08:53:23 PM by manzarek »
Mame Fighting

ilikecheese9000

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2018, 01:28:10 PM »
Love this theme!!! Slapped it on everything! One question though, how do i go about setting it up for 4:3 arcade monitor? Everything is squished when I put it on there.