Author Topic: NxL theme! [Release] new video!2-4-2017 Update  (Read 165594 times)

goz

• View Profile
Re: NxL theme! [Release] new video!2-4-2017 Update
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2018, 01:42:23 AM »
Ended up using marquees for the wheel. Might go in and photoshop borders around the images at some point, so they are consistent withy the ones atrfate has provided.

One quick question, that I would be super grateful if someone/ anyone could help me with. I have an issue whereby the selected game ins the wheel shunts the image to the left for some reason. Also, the pulsing effect that is supposed to be around the selection box isn't working either. Image below to show what I mean. Any ideas what might be causing this and how I might be able to fix it?

anx10us

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2019, 06:50:02 AM »
Hey atrfate, thanks for your reply.

I fiddled around with all the fade, pre-launch and whatnot options I could think of in RLUI but no dice. Even the 'Suspend Frontend' option in RLUI main settings doesn't fix the issue.

I feel I should stress that simply going to Configure > Displays > Nesica UI > Layout and choosing another layout fixes the issue. It only occurs when NXL HD / SD / Vertical is selected, so I guess my RLUI settings are correct?

For the record:
- I tested this on two different setups (my arcade box, Q4400 with 8 Gb RAM and my desktop, i5-4460 @3.20 GHz with 16 Gb RAM, both Win10 64 bits) -> Repro each time.
- I redownloaded AM NXL from scratch and manually reconfigured RLUI -> Repro.
- I tried a variety of games: Nesica, doujin games, Steam -> Repro each time. I haven't tried another emulator than PCLauncher though.

CPU usage also shoots up when AM regains focus (up to 80% on my i5), although I'd venture it has more to do with AM using software video decoding.

Apologies for resurrecting this reply from a long time ago, did you ever make any progress ?

I'm fairly sure I know what the problem is, I just don't know how to fix it ...

I've been using the fantastic theme from artfate for at least 18 months, finally moved to the Sega Pras theme for Nesica Live and all has been working. I started to have issues where the loaded game would have poor performance when started, eventually I traced this to GameLoaderALLRH.

My understanding is that the Frontend works like

Attractmode --> Rocketlauncher --> GameloaderALLRH --> ArcadePC game (usually game.exe)

What I found is that at some point attractmode no longer suspends and continues to run in the background causing the fps issues, my conclusion is that there was a change in gameloader that made this.

gameloader works as a wrapper, originally called gl.exe and more recently changed to srtgl.exe. This whole obsfucated wrapper for gameloader is I believe causing attractmode to continue..

What I have found is that if I switch theme to something else the problem goes away.

So in conclusion, an incompatibility between the latest versions of GameLoaderALLRH and the Nesica theme causes attractmode to continue to run in the background, causing fps issues.

Any thoughts ? I've tried appwaitexe, fade title, suspend Frontend etc .. to no avail ...

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2019, 02:05:15 AM »
Hey atrfate, thanks for your reply.

I fiddled around with all the fade, pre-launch and whatnot options I could think of in RLUI but no dice. Even the 'Suspend Frontend' option in RLUI main settings doesn't fix the issue.

I feel I should stress that simply going to Configure > Displays > Nesica UI > Layout and choosing another layout fixes the issue. It only occurs when NXL HD / SD / Vertical is selected, so I guess my RLUI settings are correct?

For the record:
- I tested this on two different setups (my arcade box, Q4400 with 8 Gb RAM and my desktop, i5-4460 @3.20 GHz with 16 Gb RAM, both Win10 64 bits) -> Repro each time.
- I redownloaded AM NXL from scratch and manually reconfigured RLUI -> Repro.
- I tried a variety of games: Nesica, doujin games, Steam -> Repro each time. I haven't tried another emulator than PCLauncher though.

CPU usage also shoots up when AM regains focus (up to 80% on my i5), although I'd venture it has more to do with AM using software video decoding.

Apologies for resurrecting this reply from a long time ago, did you ever make any progress ?

I'm fairly sure I know what the problem is, I just don't know how to fix it ...

I've been using the fantastic theme from artfate for at least 18 months, finally moved to the Sega Pras theme for Nesica Live and all has been working. I started to have issues where the loaded game would have poor performance when started, eventually I traced this to GameLoaderALLRH.

My understanding is that the Frontend works like

Attractmode --> Rocketlauncher --> GameloaderALLRH --> ArcadePC game (usually game.exe)

What I found is that at some point attractmode no longer suspends and continues to run in the background causing the fps issues, my conclusion is that there was a change in gameloader that made this.

gameloader works as a wrapper, originally called gl.exe and more recently changed to srtgl.exe. This whole obsfucated wrapper for gameloader is I believe causing attractmode to continue..

What I have found is that if I switch theme to something else the problem goes away.

So in conclusion, an incompatibility between the latest versions of GameLoaderALLRH and the Nesica theme causes attractmode to continue to run in the background, causing fps issues.

Any thoughts ? I've tried appwaitexe, fade title, suspend Frontend etc .. to no avail ...

every game loads with out game-loader, no idea why anyone would add yet another process to game launch.

My recommendation is to have rocket-launcher close AM Each time it loads a game, and reopen it when the game is no longer active.

FlimFlam69

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2019, 07:26:52 PM »
Sorry to be THAT guy but the link is dead, and I can't find it anywhere else. Can anyone provide a link?

The theme looks great, I would love to try it out :)

Thanks

NinjaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2019, 06:46:09 PM »
Ended up using marquees for the wheel. Might go in and photoshop borders around the images at some point, so they are consistent withy the ones atrfate has provided.

One quick question, that I would be super grateful if someone/ anyone could help me with. I have an issue whereby the selected game ins the wheel shunts the image to the left for some reason. Also, the pulsing effect that is supposed to be around the selection box isn't working either. Image below to show what I mean. Any ideas what might be causing this and how I might be able to fix it?

I'm seeing the same issue.  I finally figured out how to use FE but I'm not sure why this is not working.  BTW - I'm running what I think is the last update 2/4/2017

NinjaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2019, 03:40:03 PM »
Nevermind I figured it out.  Some of my .nuts were newer used the ones provided and it fixed the issue.

deuceduzit

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2019, 11:45:09 AM »
Can someone please provide me with the latest link? Mega link seems to be dead. Thank you in advance.

CiTrON

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »
I've been using the fantastic theme from artfate for at least 18 months, finally moved to the Sega Pras theme for Nesica Live and all has been working.

I am wanting this theme you can share.. plssss

Delita Hyral

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2019, 08:50:59 PM »
Me too :'(  Please

Touchmaster97

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2019, 12:10:36 PM »
This looks great! However, I do have a few questions about this theme.

1: Does it have icons or artwork for steering wheels? I have a Logitech G29 steering wheel, and I'm afraid that the control icons will still be joysticks and buttons.
2: How exactly does the rectangular icon art for each game work? I'm asking because I'm afraid that some of my more obscure games I have may not have any identifying icons that can fit in this theme.
Tap the screen from Midway!

Ackmanstein

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2019, 10:44:54 AM »
I've been using the fantastic theme from artfate for at least 18 months, finally moved to the Sega Pras theme for Nesica Live and all has been working.

I am wanting this theme you can share.. plssss

I've had a hard time finding this theme, since the link provided by atrfate, the author, is not available anymore.
For anyone looking for it, here's a link in MEGA: https://mega.nz/#!QABTgBJY!RV7yoosKKPcQtoTZvh-ymmVmuGqzhEGS5D4zuZFqRwc
I don't know if the distribution is authorized, but I found it on this Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFXUiSho9qE

Awesome theme by the way, I love it!

PSOGene

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2020, 10:39:08 PM »
sorry for the dumb post but where the download for this theme  :'( all the link are broken

PSOGene

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2020, 09:31:30 AM »
sorry again is there anyways to get this front end  :'(

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2020, 10:59:57 AM »

Hiya, OP shared this theme in another forum > https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?thread/820-a-freeware-taito-typex2-multigame/&postID=65416#post65416

Direct Link to Mega: https://mega.nz/#!Z9IjWBpT!97fuY3d2htlKa0AfP_JTQ3WYt5CcWbDyoV7dEeifCOY

Note: this is a 2Gb dl and includes NXL HD, NXL SD, NXL VERT ,SegaPras hd, segapras Sd, Blues Flat & Cools

PSOGene

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2020, 10:41:15 AM »

Hiya, OP shared this theme in another forum > https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?thread/820-a-freeware-taito-typex2-multigame/&postID=65416#post65416

Direct Link to Mega: https://mega.nz/#!Z9IjWBpT!97fuY3d2htlKa0AfP_JTQ3WYt5CcWbDyoV7dEeifCOY

Note: this is a 2Gb dl and includes NXL HD, NXL SD, NXL VERT ,SegaPras hd, segapras Sd, Blues Flat & Cools
<3 thank you soooo mush for this   ;)