Author Topic: [HOW TO] Compile Attract-Mode on your Odroid XU3/XU4  (Read 32111 times)

danfozzy85

• View Profile
Re: [HOW TO] Compile Attract-Mode on your Odroid XU3/XU4
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 12:32:06 PM »
the command to lauch the retroarch is spot on, i can now load any core i want :)

the tearing thing is really a show stopper for me atm. l have a pi 3 that is playing ok, but was wanting more power. thought i could i use my xu4 but i cant use it with the tearing. I hope it can be fixed as it would be perfect otherwise.

tipoto

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 01:27:09 PM »
Cool!

I agree with you about the tearing, it's very frustrating and it almost kills all the interest of buying an XU4.
But in a way you are lucky, because a few months ago we were all still dealing with another big issue that we called the "black screen issue", basically almost every-time you were exiting a fullscreen application, the XU4 was freezing with a black screen and you had to restart it ! And I think this bug was there since the XU3 release date (during 2014)!!! At least this bug is fixed now, hopefully the tearing issue will be fixed soon too. ;)

danfozzy85

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 12:14:14 AM »
Fingers crossed!

For now I've moved onto lakka on the xu4, no tearing, just not so much of a fan of the frontend.

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 09:01:18 PM »
has anyone tried this with n64 and dreamcast games is are they now playable are we getting close to 60fps?

couchpotato

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 12:58:21 PM »
I know the thread says ODroid XU3/XU4 but has anyone managed to compile the source for the C2.

For me I can get as far as linking attract but it complains about the *OES methods not resolvable by the SFML library and, from what I can tell the OpenGLES library for the C2 doesn't support these methods..

anyone managed to get it to work?

The reason I ask is that although the PPA package works on the platform as soon as you introduce videos the application grinds to a halt so I figured the issue would be due to the Video Decoder options and I've been trying to recompile it to see if it'll make any difference.

if I uses ffplay to play back the intro file it's smooth as butter.
if attract mode plays it back it looks like I'm watching it on a 1992 14k modem connection :/

Any advice here would be awesome.

SilverJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 11:31:45 AM »
I have tried compiling with and without the patches, to no avail. Has anyone tried it recently and gotten it to work? I would appreciate some guidance.
Thanks,

teamgt19

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2019, 04:11:41 AM »
Any chance this can be updated, i followed the instructions but the files in the zips are old and dont match the sfml so it fails on make. I have a Odroid Xu4

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 03:39:51 AM »
Yeah, a way to compile AM for Odroid XU4 would be godsent. There is a build of AM for OGST on the hardkernel forum but what we need is a build for the ORA image (retropie).

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 03:10:43 AM »
You can follow our efforts to get this running here. We need it to run on fbdev instead of X11.
https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=18283&p=243300#p243300
Super grateful for any help.