Author Topic: Installing Attract Mode WITH HyperSpin/RocketLauncher already installed.  (Read 7369 times)

jdm001

• View Profile
Hi, I'm new here and hoping for help.  I have a fully set up HyperSpin setup with all my roms and artwork and videos.

I installed Attract Mode and first went into RL and added it as a "module" for front ends section.  I then ran AM for first time and there was no list; but I went to emulators and there were a handful listed already... I'm not sure if this was from RL setup, or default.

Either way I added MAME and I put my roms list and it built a list; names only.  It wouldn't launch so then I put emulator location in and it worked; but no media.

Is there a tutorial to side load this?  I'd like to try it but no way I'm redownloading media or anything since it's right there.  How do I make a list that shows rom info from my HS xml (or is there a way to convert list from HS to AM)?  Any help or links/videos would be appreciated, as I'm sure someone's done this before!  :)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Installing Attract Mode WITH HyperSpin/RocketLauncher already installed.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »
Hi, I'm new here and hoping for help.  I have a fully set up HyperSpin setup with all my roms and artwork and videos.

I installed Attract Mode and first went into RL and added it as a "module" for front ends section.  I then ran AM for first time and there was no list; but I went to emulators and there were a handful listed already... I'm not sure if this was from RL setup, or default.

Either way I added MAME and I put my roms list and it built a list; names only.  It wouldn't launch so then I put emulator location in and it worked; but no media.

Is there a tutorial to side load this?  I'd like to try it but no way I'm redownloading media or anything since it's right there.  How do I make a list that shows rom info from my HS xml (or is there a way to convert list from HS to AM)?  Any help or links/videos would be appreciated, as I'm sure someone's done this before!  :)

You can import/convert your HyperSpin databases with a command like this:
Code: [Select]
attract.exe -i D:\HyperSpin\Databases\MAME\MAME.xml

You can use your HyperSpin artwork by setting up your AM emulator.cfg files like this:
Code: [Select]
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.1.0
#
executable           D:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
args                 -s "[emulator]" -r "[name]" -p AttractMode -f "D:\AttractMode\attract.exe"
rompath              D:\HyperSpin\Roms\MAME
romext               .zip
system               Arcade
info_source          thegamesdb.net
import_extras        .\extras\mame.xml;.\extras\catver.ini;.\extras\nplayers.ini
artwork    flyer           ..\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Images\Artwork2
artwork    marquee         ..\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Images\Artwork4
artwork    snap            ..\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Video
artwork    wheel           ..\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Images\Wheel

jdm001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 12:32:13 PM »
Awesome, thank you.  One small issue, RL is giving me an error:
https://snag.gy/7fKan0.jpg

Was it from this line, was i not supposed to cut and paste literally this:
args                 -s "[emulator]" -r "[name]" -p AttractMode -f "D:\AttractMode\attract.exe"

And instead replace "[emulator]" with MAME and [name] wtih Arcade etc?

OOOPS Figured it out.  When i did first command it already had a mame list, it named it mame1.  I went in and deleted my first one, then used the new one that the -i command you gave me created; and it works perfect now.

This is awesome, thank you.  I love how easy the themes/layouts are to install.  Giving this a solid look!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:57:12 PM by jdm001 »

jdm001

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 04:22:57 PM »
So; I got MAME and Daphne working; but on emulators that do more than one system; how do you add?  Do you just do import of multiple databases for same emulator and reference the emulator in config.  IE for some smaller systems that use MAME as emulator, lets say NES for example; do I do the -I command and get imported list of Databases\Nintendo Entertainment System and then in its config point to RL?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »
You'll want to create an emulator.cfg for each system otherwise you'll need to add multiple rom paths and artwork paths since HS stores these in different places.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:46:39 PM by progets »

baddea

• View Profile
there problem when i try to convert hyperspin list that include (esrb, players ) in the database all information converted

except (esrb, players ) it is  not show in new romlist folder ...

how i can convert all information  and show them in in attract mode  romlist without any missing ?
 :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:48:09 PM by baddea »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
there problem when i try to convert hyperspin list that include (esrb, players ) in the database all information converted

except (esrb, players ) it is  not show in new romlist folder ...

how i can convert all information  and show them in in attract mode  romlist without any missing ?
 :'( :'( :'(

None of the official HS XML files (databases) contain information about the number of players. AM doesn't store or scrape information about ratings. This is why you don't see this data in the AM romlist.

Other options:
- create or modify your own romlists by hand or scripting. you can use the "Extra" field to store the ratings data. (they are just .csv files)
- request a feature enhancement from AM
- use the built in game scraper to get the information from thegamesdb.net when building the romlist (this still won't have your ratings but will have the number of players) this will also get you the individual game stories that HS doesn't have
- use the tagging feature for the ratings
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 10:27:54 PM by progets »

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 07:54:00 PM »
I can use it for a future reference 👀
Mame Fighting