Author Topic: Help modifying a layout  (Read 2668 times)

lizzardking

• View Profile
Help modifying a layout
« on: April 10, 2020, 08:11:11 PM »
I have been looking for a layout that will work across both my vertical and horizontal cabs and found flat blue to be nearly perfect.  It is simple, clean, and displays what filter is being used.  Currently it's configured to use icons on the wheel and I have my snap folder merged with the video folder so the movies will load in place of snaps.  My problem is that I am using some of the mrs pacman hacks and the movies are not accurate for the game.  If I try to make the wheel look at snaps i can figure out how to keep the background looking at the video.    is there anyone out there who is familiar with changing the layout code point me in the right direction?

asahendrix

• View Profile
Re: Help modifying a layout
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 07:35:21 AM »
I am 100% sure I understand the question - but I'll try to answer.

The video file for each game has to be named exactly the same as the game. Let's say you have Super Metroid for Super Nintendo (snes). If the Super Metroid game file is named "Super Metroid (Japan, USA) (En,Ja).sfc" then the video file HAS to be name "Super Metroid (Japan, USA) (En,Ja)" - otherwise the video would not load properly.

I would also keep video snaps in one folder (snaps), box art in a different folder (marquee or flyer, depending on the layout), wheel art (game logos - "wheels" folder) in a different folder etc. If you have a lot of different file types in one folder and that sounds like it would take a long time, you can go to the folder and organize by type and that will separate the image files from the video files - then you can simple grab all of the video files or png files (or whatever file type you need to move to it's own folder).

Idk if this answers your question - I hope this helps! :)

Yaron2019

Re: Help modifying a layout
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 12:49:23 PM »
If I try to make the wheel look at snaps i can figure out how to keep the background looking at the video. 

First do as asahendrix suggested - he is right.

Then, in that theme menu you can set it up through it's options. On my system this shows the snap videos both on the background and the game icons. When you load AM and you see the theme on running on your screen, press L to go into it's menu.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 12:56:38 PM by Yaron2019 »