Author Topic: Run a dummy process when screensaver starts  (Read 345 times)

Jonnieboyrevel

• View Profile
Run a dummy process when screensaver starts
« on: November 07, 2023, 03:39:24 AM »
Hi All

As the title says really. I use RGBCommander to control the lights in my arcade cabinet. Most of it is set up and working great.

However, I have a set of lights that light up when the frontend is showing. These show the controls for attractmode. What I would like to do is have an animation that runs whilst the screensaver is active and then switches back to the control lights when the screensaver ends.

RGBCommander works by monitoring processes. When it sees an emulator process it lights a specific set of lights and when the process ends it switches back to the frontend light set.

I've tried monitoring the active processes when the frontend is in a normal layout vs in the screensaver. However, I can't see that a separate process starts.

Is it possible to get AM to start a 'dummy' process when the screensaver kicks in? I could then get RGBC to monitor for that process to run the screensaver animation and stop the animation when that process ends.

It might not be possible but I'm hoping someone wiser than me can at least confirm one way or another.

Regards

Jonathan