Attract-Mode Project > Announcements

Version 1.5.2

<< < (3/4) > >>

liquid8d:
Could you explain the use of multiple monitors - with and without the plugin?

I have two monitors, and it seems by default it spans the whole screen across both of them. I don't see a way to not do this other than putting it in Window mode and just scaling the window to only one monitor.

I also see with the MultiMon plugin it looks like you can have artwork show up on another monitor which would be neat, but I couldn't seem to make it work (due to the issue above).

Finally, how (or can) layouts make use of multiple monitors? Is it possible for a layout to specify layouts for each monitor? Maybe a layout-monitorone.nut, layout-monitortwo.nut or something along those lines?

raygun:

--- Quote from: liquid8d on May 19, 2015, 09:12:55 AM ---Could you explain the use of multiple monitors - with and without the plugin?

I have two monitors, and it seems by default it spans the whole screen across both of them. I don't see a way to not do this other than putting it in Window mode and just scaling the window to only one monitor.

I also see with the MultiMon plugin it looks like you can have artwork show up on another monitor which would be neat, but I couldn't seem to make it work (due to the issue above).

Finally, how (or can) layouts make use of multiple monitors? Is it possible for a layout to specify layouts for each monitor? Maybe a layout-monitorone.nut, layout-monitortwo.nut or something along those lines?

--- End quote ---

I messed up the multiple monitor build on windows, so its not working at the moment using the pre-built windows binaries for 1.5.2.  I hope to fix this asap.

what should happen is that the layout gets displayed only on your primary monitor, and the multimon plugin can be configured to display fullscreen artworks (marquee, etc) on any extra monitors.

To access multiple monitors from a script, there is now a 'fe.monitors' array in squirrel that has an entry for each monitor (the first one being the primary monitor).  To add an image to the second monitor for example you would do something like 'fe.monitors[1].add_image( "image.png", 0, 0, 100, 100 )'... the coordinates are 0,0 for the top left corner of the monitor and fe.monitors[1].width, fe.monitors[1].height for the bottom right corner.

the script specific stuff is described further in the Layouts.md file

liquid8d:
Oh, very cool - so you COULD actually have a second layout on the secondary monitor :) Interesting...

No problem, I can wait for the fix, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.. thanks!

raygun:
Ok, so multiple monitors on Windows should be fixed in the release posted here: https://github.com/mickelson/attract/releases/tag/v1.5.3

slippyblade:

--- Quote from: raygun on May 23, 2015, 12:28:49 AM ---Ok, so multiple monitors on Windows should be fixed in the release posted here: https://github.com/mickelson/attract/releases/tag/v1.5.3

--- End quote ---

It's not.  Still automatically spanning both monitors.  When set to windowed mode, it creates a window that is the width of both monitors and if you manually compress the window to just one monitor, you get your layout, but at 50% width - compressed horizontally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version