Attract-Mode Project > Announcements

Version 1.5.2

<< < (2/4) > >>

akafox:
OK! coooooool :) Oh rasp pi sweet! instructions on how to build it inside the read me I hope! I'll get a deb out for you penguins as soon as I can. Speaking of which..Ray would you put them on the downloads page for them so that they don't have to hunt for it? thanks!

You know..some people say that open source community software is worthless because it doesn't have money backing it. Thanks guys (testers, programmers, complainers, debuggers, artists) for proving them wrong!

two40:

--- Quote from: akafox on May 12, 2015, 08:01:28 PM ---
... because it doesn't have money backing it.

--- End quote ---

Happy to change that with a donation. I can see this FE growing into something special.

raygun:

--- Quote from: xev1n on May 11, 2015, 03:01:04 PM ---Am I safe to assume that all I need to do to upgrade is only replace the exe file if I want everything else to stay in tact? Also haven't said this before but AM is amazing, best FE I've ever used!

--- End quote ---

Hey there, thanks for the note.

Yes you should be able to simply replace the exe.  There were updates to the cools and reflect layouts that you won't get unless you copy over those layouts as well (as well as the new modules/fade.nut file) but thats only an issue if you want the new fade effect that have been added to them...

--- Quote from: akafox on May 12, 2015, 08:01:28 PM ---OK! coooooool :) Oh rasp pi sweet! instructions on how to build it inside the read me I hope! I'll get a deb out for you penguins as soon as I can. Speaking of which..Ray would you put them on the downloads page for them so that they don't have to hunt for it? thanks!

You know..some people say that open source community software is worthless because it doesn't have money backing it. Thanks guys (testers, programmers, complainers, debuggers, artists) for proving them wrong!

--- End quote ---

Hey akafox, thanks for preparing debs, I'll add them to the release so people can find them.  The instructions for the rpi build didn't make the readme (that would have made too much sense !) they are up on the wiki though... confirmation whether they work for anyone else would be appreciated!...

liquid8d:
Thanks, another great update!

Just an FYI, I noticed some initial crashes when I tried to switch layouts, although it's not happening any more. Is there anything that changed in this version in relation to the layout switching/loading? Perhaps it's corrected some values in a cfg somewhere now, so it's no longer crashing. If I can reproduce it, I'll post back in here or submit a bug report.

raygun:

--- Quote from: liquid8d on May 16, 2015, 10:08:55 AM ---Thanks, another great update!

Just an FYI, I noticed some initial crashes when I tried to switch layouts, although it's not happening any more. Is there anything that changed in this version in relation to the layout switching/loading? Perhaps it's corrected some values in a cfg somewhere now, so it's no longer crashing. If I can reproduce it, I'll post back in here or submit a bug report.

--- End quote ---

There's nothing that pops to mind that would have affected layout loading/switching directly.  The main change is a switch from SFML to FFmpeg for the image loading...  if you could track this down that would be great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version