Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547873 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 7.9 [Release] Updated 29 May 2020
« Reply #915 on: June 04, 2020, 02:58:37 AM »
Quick update on the auto-update. It will work in different modes:

- all systems with the curl command will be able to check for updates and get the what's new list, they could also decide to download the new layout file in their home directory ($HOME)
- systems that support curl and tar will be able to deploy the new layout, transfer preference files to the new folder and automatically modify attract.cfg to use the new layout

ulihox

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 05, 2020, 12:34:32 AM »
Great theme!!

Would it be possible to add Xicat Interactive, Hucast Games, Hasbro Interactive, Rockstar Games, Crazy Games and Spike manufacturer logos?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:34:34 AM by ulihox »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #917 on: June 05, 2020, 09:49:05 AM »
Would it be possible to add Xicat Interactive, Hucast Games, Hasbro Interactive, Rockstar Games, Crazy Games and Spike manufacturer logos?

Sure, maybe not in the next release, which is almost ready and already has many changes and improvement, but stay tuned :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.0 [Release] Updated 6 June 2020
« Reply #918 on: June 06, 2020, 12:04:49 AM »
Arcadeflow 8.0 is out!

This version adds some new nice features for sorting and improves on screen keyboard, but most of all it introduces a way to update Arcadeflow directly from its own menu!

You can check for updates, download the new update (it will be saved inside the current Arcadeflow folder, sorry I had issues with saving to $HOME folder :( ), or if you have tar installed you can also download and install Arcadeflow. It will unpack to the proper directory, transfer your own preference files and even modify attract.cfg to poit to the new revision. (Just to be sure, I sueggest you backup your attract.cfg before, I did not have any issues in my tests, but YMMV :O )

For check for updates to work you'll need the cron command in your system, and to install the new version you'll need tar. Windows 10, Linux and macOS already have this. If you don't see anything happen when you use the feature it might be because you don't have the commands, or there's no update available yet. I'll add more feedback to the user in later versions...

Hope everything runs smooth, let me know if it gives you troubles!

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 12:07:25 AM by zpaolo11x »

Yaron2019

« Reply #919 on: June 06, 2020, 12:29:28 AM »

...but most of all it introduces a way to update Arcadeflow directly from its own menu!

You can check for updates, download the new update (it will be saved inside the current Arcadeflow folder, sorry I had issues with saving to $HOME folder :( ), or if you have tar installed you can also download and install Arcadeflow. It will unpack to the proper directory, transfer your own preference files and even modify attract.cfg to poit to the new revision.

If I'm wrong, and I'm never wrong - this is the first time a THEME has a feature that the front-end itself doesn't have! HA!  ;D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #920 on: June 06, 2020, 12:58:59 AM »
If I'm wrong, and I'm never wrong - this is the first time a THEME has a feature that the front-end itself doesn't have! HA!  ;D

:D I think you are right, but I see this as a strength of Attract Mode: you can do so much with Attract Mode layouts that it's easy to get carried away :O

EDIT: BTW, all this auto update thing is pretty scary, when you start messing with other people setups you get cold shivers down the spine :O

Yaron2019

« Reply #921 on: June 06, 2020, 01:48:04 AM »
:D I think you are right, but I see this as a strength of Attract Mode: you can do so much with Attract Mode layouts that it's easy to get carried away :O

EDIT: BTW, all this auto update thing is pretty scary, when you start messing with other people setups you get cold shivers down the spine :O

They doomed us all once they decided to let creative people use code to build the themes. As long as the autoupdate feature is turned OFF by default people can only blame themselves for using it and we can continue to have fun. But.... the question is.... is it turned OFF by default Mr. Zago?!?!?  ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:59:00 AM by Yaron2019 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #922 on: June 06, 2020, 01:56:12 AM »
But.... the question is.... is it turned OFF by default Mr. Zago?!?!?  ;D

:D Well... somewhat :D The check is turned on by default, but the check itself doesn't mess with anything ;D

Yaron2019

« Reply #923 on: June 06, 2020, 01:58:28 AM »
But.... the question is.... is it turned OFF by default Mr. Zago?!?!?  ;D

:D Well... somewhat :D The check is turned on by default, but the check itself doesn't mess with anything ;D

Oh I see that it notifies you and asks so it's ok I guess.

OMG I found a horrible bug in the autoupdate system! "if you dismiss one update you won't be notified until the nest one" nest??  I told you it was a dangerous idea!

Dude, you're a beast.  :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #924 on: June 06, 2020, 03:31:03 AM »

Found and converted all the logos, but I'm not sure about Crazy Games, what is their logo or website?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 06, 2020, 03:32:09 AM »
Love the idea of auto updating. Oomek and I have been talking about having attract as a whole update. Mentioned you on this git issue. Keep up the good work! https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/622

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #926 on: June 06, 2020, 03:58:36 AM »
OMG I found a horrible bug in the autoupdate system! "if you dismiss one update you won't be notified until the nest one" nest??  I told you it was a dangerous idea!

Lol! Don't worry, this will be fixed in the auto-update to the new release :D :D :D

Neosys

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 06, 2020, 06:28:28 AM »
Hi!

I use the theme layouts from Yaron2019.

Is it possible to implement the virtual keyboard in the layout of zpaolo11x in the layouts on Yaron2019?

Thank you.

Yaron2019

« Reply #928 on: June 06, 2020, 08:11:11 AM »
Hi!

I use the theme layouts from Yaron2019.

Is it possible to implement the virtual keyboard in the layout of zpaolo11x in the layouts on Yaron2019?

Thank you.

Zago you can do it!  ;D

Neosys

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 06, 2020, 09:58:27 AM »
Sorry. Can you help me please.

I have no idea how I could do it.