Author Topic: Clean loading of Final Burn Alpha into Fullscreen mode?  (Read 11175 times)

rsn8887

• View Profile
Clean loading of Final Burn Alpha into Fullscreen mode?
« on: December 04, 2015, 08:18:21 PM »
Finalburn Alpha is taking a long time to load (5 seconds) but most importantly, it switches back and forth between full-screen and windowed at least two times as it loads. Is there any way to make it load smoothly and quickly from Attract Mode directly into fullscreen mode, without all this switching?

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Clean loading of Final Burn Alpha into Fullscreen mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 06:03:54 PM »
Well yes you can..I do it all the time. I am guessing you are using windows (yes it will run in linux..I use it for fightcade). First check your video settings. Make sure that they are at your same resolution as your monitor when you start fba. I can start it with my monitor being 1024x768 but want the game to run at say 800x600 at 16 bit mode. That will cause my monitor to do the same as you are describing. Try that for now. I can back to you in a few hours with a better solution...I'm not at my windows box at the moment...

I do have to ask what version of windows are you running? 32 or 64-bit?
People want life easy..then complain about it

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 09:49:04 AM »
I can't get my Windows machine to run..but in a virtual box I can see your problem. Unless you are using a old computer and need fba for netplay or compatibility or your hardware is that old mame should work fine.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 08:25:26 PM »
Ok got my old one working. Unless you recompile fba to remove the "loading" status it's not gonna happen..that is just how it works.

rsn8887

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »
I understand thanks for checking. On my current desktop mame is fine, but I am preparing a setup for a friend running on an old computer, and finalburn is much faster than mame. I wanted to set both emulators up so the user can switch to finalburn if the machine is too slow for mame. Finalburn is so much faster it runs sf3 in full speed even on my $130 netbook!

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 06:49:28 PM »
FBA will run any cps3 gane 100% on a 2.7Ghz with 372 MB ram...I know that is what I use. For one set up :)

You can combine the list into a single list then he will not have to switch emulators...am loads the right one automatically.
I have DICE, MAME, FBA, abd daphne on that machine..all "arcade" games so one list.

rsn8887

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 03:16:34 PM »
I found there's also a nice finalburn core in retroarch that boots much faster. And retroarch has a nice prescale + bilinear shader.