Author Topic: White font with border  (Read 2272 times)

Yaron2019

White font with border
« on: March 05, 2020, 01:09:01 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find a white font with a black border that is not transparent?
All the fonts I find are outlined fonts - meaning they have a border but their filling is transparent.

Attached is the font I am using right now and I want it to have black borders. Can anyone help?
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 08:49:58 AM by Yaron2019 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: White font with border
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 03:04:52 AM »
AFAIK there's no such thing as a "multi-color" font, there are some fonts you can find in both "filled" and "border" versions, so if you want to render it like a white font with black border you have to overlay one filled font color white and one outline font color black.

To complicate things some fonts are a bit different in their outline and filled version so some tweaking is necessary. One thing I did is I took a filled font and create the border version with fontsforge enlarging the existing font and placing it below the "white" one.

Yaron2019

Re: White font with border
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 05:39:48 AM »
To complicate things some fonts are a bit different in their outline and filled version so some tweaking is necessary. One thing I did is I took a filled font and create the border version with fontsforge enlarging the existing font and placing it below the "white" one.

You gave me an idea with the double fonts - I am now using the same font, painted black, in a slightly different x,y to create a shadow effect.
It's a small compromise but it's working - the text is easily readable no matter the background color.

Many thanks engineer!  ;)

Example:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 01:06:23 PM by Yaron2019 »