Author Topic: Conveyor transition is freezing other animations?  (Read 2678 times)

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
Conveyor transition is freezing other animations?
« on: February 27, 2017, 03:52:50 AM »
Is it normal for Conveyor module to freeze all the other animations while it's animating, or did I screw something up?
Here is a video showing the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lgb6eeeDZY

I slowed down all the animations for debugging purposes.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:54:57 AM by Oomek »

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Conveyor transition is freezing other animations?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:54:19 PM »
Yes, this is because Conveyor is written to loop until the anim is finished in the on_transition.. this is part of why I started writing the animation module to begin with, to use tick and not 'wait' for an animation to finish. I didn't like having no input during animations.

Conveyor could probably be rewritten to use a different method, you would have to compensate to prevent it from switching to a new index_offset until an animation is finished - since if you use ToNewSelection or FromOldSelection the index offset changes when not 'waiting' - if that makes sense. This is why I still included an option to do 'wait=true' in the animate module.

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
Re: Conveyor transition is freezing other animations?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 08:04:40 PM »
Thanks for clarifying that. I have an idea how to animate the snaps in tick and still use FromOldSelection.  Instead tweens I'm planning to use 1pole lowpass filter for the position. Will test it tomorrow, as I'm in bed now.