Author Topic: Please help with changing path for Kodi temp folder on Pi3/Floob Attract!  (Read 3560 times)

Cobra83

• View Profile
Hello everyone! I am using Floob's attract mode build for my Pi3 and everything works excellent.

I made a advancedsettings.xml to store my Thumbnails on my external and everything seems to work fine and they appear on the drive.

Can someone PLEASE help me with storing my temp folder as well? I noticed after looking at several of my comics that they were taking up a lot of space in the temp folder and I would love to move that over to the external like I did with my Thumbnails folder...

The thing I need is the exact address I am supposed to write in the xml file. I cant seem to get it to work and nothing show up in the temp folder I made....

For the Thumbnails file I made it look like this:

advancedsettings>
 <pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
    <to>//media/usb0/Thumbnails/</to>
   </substitute>
 </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Please post how to correctly point to the temp folder as well, thank you very much for any help!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 01:56:26 AM by Cobra83 »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    <to>//media/usb0/Thumbnails/</to>

Why do you have a "//" in this? That would be a UNC path. You should only have a "/" there.

Cobra83

• View Profile
progets,

Thank you sooo much for a quick reply! I was trying to follow a tutorial online and if I am not mistaken that is what it called for. I will be sure to change it to a single / if need be and test it.

Is there any chance you would know how to set up the temp folder to get written to my external hd as opposed to the sd card how it is working now?

That would be a huge help as I can see it already stored 1 GB in the temp folder under a different folder labeled rarfolder0000, rarfolder0001, rarfolder0002 etc all the way up to a rarfolder0023....all of these seem to be holding pictures from the comics I looked at and I realized this is why I seemed to be losing some space.

Again thanks for the quick response! I seriously appreciate it and any other help/advice to get it working so my SD card wont fill up and I can always keep it going to the HD for the pics it generates from looking at comics etc.

I am curious if this looks correct?

<advancedsettings>
 <pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>special:/home/pi/.kodi/temp/</from>
    <to>/media/usb0/temp/<to>
   </substitute>
 </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:58:17 AM by Cobra83 »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You need the "//" after "special:" but not in your "to" path. It's been a while since I messed with these settings but you want something like.

Code: [Select]
<advancedsettings>
 <pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://thumbnails</from>
    <to>/media/usb0/thumbnails<to>
   </substitute>
 </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

and/or

Code: [Select]
<advancedsettings>