Author Topic: How to setup The Retroarch Scummvm Libretro to work with Attract mode?  (Read 4133 times)

Hojo

• View Profile
Trying to setup attract mode to use Retroarch and the scummvm libretro core. What I did was add all the games to the retroarch Scummvm core file (go in and manually add each to the list).  Then following the retroarch documentation, I created .scummvm files holding the game-ids. I placed these files into a folder and tried to run them but results in "error running game: game data not found".

Code: [Select]
executable                 C:\emu\retroarch\retroarch.exe
args                          -L cores/scummvm_libretro.dll "[romfilename]"
rompath                    C:\roms\scummvm\scummfiles\
romext                      .scummvm
info_source                scummvm

I also noticed that once clicking ok, it highlights the game of interest in the scummvm menu.

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: How to setup The Retroarch Scummvm Libretro to work with Attract mode?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 05:47:52 AM »
I'm not using retroarch.

Are you able to start a game from commandline / batch?

Are you sure, that your arguments correct (using full path)?
-L cores/scummvm_libretro.dll
=> -L C:\emu\retroarch\cores\scummvm_libretro.dll
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 11:37:50 AM »
I manged to set it up in the past. If nobody else posts, I'll search for my solution. Right now I'm laid up with a thrown back  ;D

damonxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 05:00:45 AM »
Hi,
this is my configuration...looks not nice :P...but is working...

You have to use the Game Short Name in ".scummvm" und put the file in the game folder...
The Curse Of Monkey Island (CD Windows, German) (game/folder)
The Curse Of Monkey Island (CD Windows, German).scummvm (I used the folder name to keep it simpler/this shows up as name in AM/look how your artwork is named to avoid renaming)
COMI (The Game Short Name in the file...nothing else)

you can get the GameShortNames from here:
https://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/

I used a a tool to copy all folder paths at ones in notepad++ directly and then added ";"s after each (find/replace "x:\RetroArch\Games\" with ";x:\RetroArch\Games\" delete the very1st ; -DONE)...
...can't remember which tool it was to make a folder/path-list at the moment, sorry;)

Hope it helps...

# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.6.1
#
executable           x:\RetroArch\retroarch.exe
args                 -L X:\Retroarch\cores\scummvm_libretro.dll "[romfilename]"
rompath              x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Amazon - Guardians of Eden\;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Beavis and Butt-head in Virtual Stupidity (CD Windows)\;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Beneath a Steel Sky (CD DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Broken Sword 1 The Shadow of the Templar (CD Windows, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Broken Sword 2 - The Smoking Mirror (CD Windows, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Broken Sword 2_5;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Cruise for a Corpse (VGA DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Day Of The Tentacle (CD DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Discworld (CD DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Discworld 2 (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Drascula (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Dreamweb (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Elvira - Mistress of the Dark (Floppy DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Elvira 2 - The Jaws of Cerberus (Floppy DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Eye Of The Beholder (1990)(Strategic Simulations Inc)(Rev1.4);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Eye Of The Beholder II The Legend Of Darkmoon (1991)(Strategic Simulations Inc)(Rev1.1);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Flight of the Amazon Queen (CD);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Full Throttle (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Future Wars (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Gabriel Knight Sins Of The Fathers (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Geisha (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Hero Quest So You Want To Be A Hero;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Hopkins FBI (CD Windows);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\I Have No Mouth_ and I Must Scream;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (CD DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (DOS VGA, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\King's Quest 1 - Quest for the Crown (Floppy DOS VGA Remake);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\King's Quest 2 - Romancing the Throne (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\King's Quest 3 - To Heir is Human (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\King's Quest 4 - The Perils of Rosella (Floppy DOS, AGI);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\King's Quest 5 - Absence Makes the Heart go Yonder (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\King's Quest 6 - Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (CD DOS, Windows);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Labyrinth of Time (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Lands of Lore - The Throne of Chaos (CD DOS, Multilanguage);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Leisure Suit Larry 2 - Goes looking for Love (In Several Wrong Places) (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Leisure Suit Larry 3 - Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Leisure Suit Larry 5 - Passionate Patty Does a Little Undercover Work (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Leisure Suit Larry 6 - Shape Up or Slip Out (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (Floppy DOS VGA Remake);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Loom (CD DOS VGA);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Lost in Time (CD DOS, Multilanguage);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Lure of the Temptress (Floppy DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Maniac Manson (DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Monkey Island 2 LeChuck's Revenge (DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Mortville Manor (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Myst (CD Windows);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Operation Stealth (Floppy DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Phantasmagoria (CD, Windows);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Phantasmagoria 2 (CD, Windows);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Police Quest 1 - In Pursuite of the Death Angel (Floppy DOS VGA REmake);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Police Quest 2 - The Vengeance (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Police Quest 3 - The Kindred (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Quest for Glory 1 - So You Want to be a Hero (Floppy DOS VGA Remake);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Quest for Glory 2 - Trial by Fire (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Quest for Glory 3 - The Wages of War (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Return to Ringworld (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Return to Zork (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Ringworld - Revenge of the Patriarch (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Riven (CD Windows);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Sam and Max Hit the Road (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Simon the Sorcerer 1 (CD Windows);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Simon the Sorcerer 2 (CD Windows);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Space Quest 1 - The Sarien Encounter (Floppy DOS VGA Remake);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Space Quest 2 - Vohaul's Revenge (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Space Quest 3 - The Pirates of Pestulon (Floppy DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Space Quest 4 - Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Space Quest 5 - The Next Mutation (Floppy DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\The 7th Guest (CD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\The Curse Of Monkey Island (CD Windows, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\The Journeyman Project - Pegasus Prime (CD Mac);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\The Legend of Kyrandia 1 (CD DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\The Legend of Kyrandia 2 - Hand of Fate (CD DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\The Legend of Kyrandia 3;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\The Legend of Kyrandia 4;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\The Neverhood (CD Windows);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\The Secret of Monkey Island (CD DOS VGA, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\The Secret of Monkey Island (FM-Towns, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Waxworks;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Ween - The Prophecy;x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (DOS, German);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Zork - Grand Inquisitor (DVD Windows);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Zork Nemesis - The Forbidden Lands (DVD DOS);x:\RetroArch\Games\ScummVM\Blade Runner\
romext               .scummvm
exit_hotkey          Joy0 Button6+Joy0 Button7
artwork    marquee         x:\RetroArch\thumbnails\ScummVM\Named_Boxarts\
artwork    snap            x:\RetroArch\thumbnails\ScummVM\Named_Snaps;x:\RetroArch\thumbnails\ScummVM\videos\
artwork    wheel           x:\RetroArch\thumbnails\ScummVM\Logos\
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 05:45:10 AM by damonxxx »

cleberjorge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 10:05:41 PM »
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.7.0
#
executable           \Attract Mode\Retroarch\retroarch.exe
args                 %file -L cores\scummvm_libretro.dll "[romfilename]"
rompath              \Attract Mode\emulators\PC - ScummVM\roms
romext               <DIR>
system               PC
info_source          thegamesdb.net
exit_hotkey          Escape
artwork    flyer           \Attract Mode\emulators\PC - ScummVM\media\boxart
artwork    marquee         \Attract Mode\emulators\PC - ScummVM\media\marquee
artwork    snap            \Attract Mode\emulators\PC - ScummVM\media\videos
artwork    system          \Attract Mode\emulators\PC - ScummVM\media\system
artwork    system_logo     \Attract Mode\emulators\PC - ScummVM\media\system_logo
artwork    wheel           \Attract Mode\emulators\PC - ScummVM\media\wheel