Author Topic: WIP - New theme suggestions  (Read 3271 times)

Billyc666

• View Profile
WIP - New theme suggestions
« on: February 01, 2020, 08:36:04 AM »
any sugestions on the wheel list on this layout, to me it doesnt look good, but im kinda stumped for ideas

Code: [Select]
// Include the converyour helper module
fe.load_module("conveyor_helper");

fe.layout.width = 1920
fe.layout.height = 1080

fe.add_image("images/sysbackground/[DisplayName].png", 0, 0, 0, 0);

local frontbox = fe.add_artwork("box", 607, 758, 222, 338);
frontbox.origin_x = 111;
frontbox.origin_y = 169;
frontbox.rotation = 342;
local snap = fe.add_artwork( "snap", 1040, 172, 402, 308);
snap.pinch_y = -40;
snap.skew_y = -16;
fe.add_image("images/frame.png", 1014, 80);
fe.add_image("images/mask.png", 679, 780);

local vList = MyGameList();

// ----------- General List Options -----------
vList.type = ch.Linear_Vertical; // OPTIONS: ch.Spinwheel / ch.Linear_Vertical / ch.Linear_Horizontal
vList.bend.direction = ch.Right;  // OPTIONS: ch.Left / ch.Right
vList.x = 0; // OPTIONS: top left x-coordinate if gamelist is linear or the center x-coordinate if a spinwheel
vList.y = 0; // OPTIONS: top left y-coordinate if gamelist is linear or the center y-coordinate if a spinwheel
vList.width = 70; // OPTIONS: linear game list total width in pixels
vList.height = 500; // OPTIONS: linear list's height in pixels
vList.y = 300; // OPTIONS: linear list's height in pixels
vList.ms_speed = 250; // OPTIONS: in milliseconds, sets the speed of the conveyor

vList.fade_delay = 500; // the amount of time in milliseconds before the fade should start
vList.fade_speed = 1; // the mulitplier controlling the speed of the fade
vList.fade_selected = false; // OPTIONS: TRUE/FALSE fade selected game if gamelist fading is active

// ----------- Linear List options -----------
vList.linear.padding = 0; // the amount of padding in pixels between each gamelist item

// ----------- List Item  Options -----------
vList.item.contentTemplate = ch.Artwork_or_Text; // OPTIONS: ch.Artwork / ch.Text / ch.Artwork_and_Text / ch.Artwork_or_Text / ch.Flyer_and_Artwork
vList.item.count = 3; // OPTIONS: Total number of gamelist items to display

vList.item.sizeScaling.low = 1.00; // OPTIONS: 0-100 Scaling size percentage to use for the item furthest from the selected item
vList.item.sizeScaling.high = 1.00; // OPTIONS: 0-100 Scaling size percentage to use for item closest to the selected item
vList.item.sizeScaling.currentlySelected = 1.10; // OPTIONS: 0-100 Scaling size percentage to use for the currently selected item

vList.item.width = 450; // OPTIONS: Width of each gameList item in pixels before scaling - dynamic with linear horizontal lists

vList.item.margin.left = 40; // OPTION: bounding box left margin size for all images and text
vList.item.margin.right = 100; // OPTION: bounding box right margin size for all images and text
vList.item.margin.top = 400; // OPTION: bounding box top margin size for all images and text
vList.item.margin.bottom = 0; // OPTION: bounding box bottom margin size for all images and text

// ----------- List Item Content: Text -----------
vList.text.message = "[Title]";
vList.text.alignment = Align.Centre;  // OPTIONS:left/right/center
vList.text.normal.font = "Arial";
vList.text.normal.size = 18; // OPTIONS: text font size for every gameList item
vList.text.normal.color.red = 255; // OPTIONS: text font red color channel 0 - 255
vList.text.normal.color.green = 255; // OPTIONS: text font green color channel 0 - 255
vList.text.normal.color.blue = 128; // OPTIONS: text font blue color channel 0 - 255

vList.text.currentlySelected.font = "Arial";
vList.text.currentlySelected.size = 18; // OPTIONS: text font size for every gameList item
vList.text.currentlySelected.color.red = 128; // OPTIONS: text font red color channel 0 - 255
vList.text.currentlySelected.color.green = 255; // OPTIONS: text font green color channel 0 - 255
vList.text.currentlySelected.color.blue = 128;  // OPTIONS: text font blue color channel 0 - 255

// ----------- List Item Content: User Defined Artwork -----------
vList.artwork.type = "wheel"; // OPTIONS: name of the artwork to use for the conveyour
vList.artwork.preserveAspect = true; // OPTIONS: true / false

// show the vertical list
vList.show();

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WIP - New theme suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »
Is this an atari specific layout? The right crt is not a flat screen. Confused why 2 crt’s. Eliminate the tv on the left, fix tv on the right, and perhaps have the console on a separate layer that changes appropriately with display.?

Billyc666

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 12:09:11 PM »
Thank you, it is my first attemp the layout was just for atari 2600 because i wanted to create a different room per console with decor matched to era..lol tv on the left is a window with a blind..that what you can see on it is the weels/logos hence it doesnt look right, the tv (on the right) could do with something to make the screen look like a crt

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 12:51:43 PM »
Window with blind. I thought it was a flat screen crt. Oops.

Billyc666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 12:59:46 PM »
lol, i can see why, it does look like a white monitor

asahendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 08:45:41 PM »
This looks great! I have a vertical left wheel that you may like. I’ll send it to you when I get to my computer. Great work!

Billyc666

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 06:16:07 AM »
cool, i quite like the theme you are working on, and have wondered to go that route instead of having to adapt images , i also wondered if maybe i use a 3d room builder to create the back drop for all systems then add consoles, posters ect. i had an idea
for an ahk script to read the console window and look for the theme loaded then launch internet radio in the background (hoping the ahk guys can help on this on their board), so it can be used for ambience ie atari 2600 maybe plays 70s/80 radio

asahendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 08:00:14 PM »
If you find a 3D room builder that you like, let me know - I'd definitely like to try my hand at that.

There is code for music if you just wanted to include a music folder within your layout folder. I have ambient music that plays for all of attract mode. I set it up awhile back so I'd have to go through my notes to see how I did that. On top of the AM music, I had worked on a theme with takoni and Yaron where music was incorporated into the layout itself. We had a music folder within the layout folder with various songs in it and once you went into, say, Super Nintendo then a random song from that folder would play.

Here is the most recent wheel list I have used. jedione helped me out a bunch with it. It is left vertical and semi-large. Put Part 1 at the beginning of your layout file just underneath the layout title and credits if you have them. Then put Part 2 somewhere in your layout (I don't think it matters):

///////////////PART 1

# systemwheel
local systemwheel = fe.add_artwork("wheel", flx*0.86, fly*0.01, flw*0.13, flh*0.10);
systemwheel.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;
//background.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation;

////////////////PART 2

# wheel code for conveyor
local wheel_x = [ flx*0.78, flx*0.05, flx*0.78, -flx*0.32, flx*0.78, -flx*1.4255, flx*0.03, -flx*1.4255, flx*0.78, -flx*0.325, flx*0.78, flx*0.78, ];
local wheel_y = [ -fly*0.22, -fly*0.105, fly*0.0, fly*0.105, fly*0.215, fly*0.325, fly*0.436, fly*0.61, fly*0.72 fly*0.83, fly*0.935, fly*0.99, ];
local wheel_w = [ flw*0.18, flw*0.18, flw*0.18, flw*0.18, flw*0.18, flw*0.18, flw*0.20, flw*0.18, flw*0.18, flw*0.18, flw*0.18, flw*0.18, ];
local wheel_a = [  80,  80,  80,  80,  100,  100, 255,  100,  100,  80,  80,  80, ];
local wheel_h = [  flh*0.11,  flh*0.11,  flh*0.11,  flh*0.11,  flh*0.11,  flh*0.11, flh*0.13,  flh*0.11,  flh*0.11,  flh*0.11,  flh*0.11,  flh*0.11, ];
local wheel_r = [  0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, ];
local num_arts = 6;

class WheelEntry extends ConveyorSlot
{
   constructor()
   {
      base.constructor( ::fe.add_artwork( my_config["wheel"] ) );
   }

function on_progress( progress, var )
   {
      local p = progress / 0.1;
      local slot = p.tointeger();
      p -= slot;

slot++;

if ( slot < 0 ) slot=0;
      if ( slot >=10 ) slot=10;

m_obj.x = wheel_x[slot] + p * ( wheel_x[slot+1] - wheel_x[slot] );
      m_obj.y = wheel_y[slot] + p * ( wheel_y[slot+1] - wheel_y[slot] );
      m_obj.width = wheel_w[slot] + p * ( wheel_w[slot+1] - wheel_w[slot] );
      m_obj.height = wheel_h[slot] + p * ( wheel_h[slot+1] - wheel_h[slot] );
      m_obj.rotation = wheel_r[slot] + p * ( wheel_r[slot+1] - wheel_r[slot] );
      m_obj.alpha = wheel_a[slot] + p * ( wheel_a[slot+1] - wheel_a[slot] );
   }
};

local wheel_entries = [];
for ( local i=0; i<num_arts/2; i++ )
   wheel_entries.push( WheelEntry() );

local remaining = num_arts - wheel_entries.len();
for ( local i=0; i<remaining; i++ )
   wheel_entries.insert( num_arts/2, WheelEntry() );

local conveyor = Conveyor();
conveyor.set_slots( wheel_entries );
conveyor.transition_ms = 0;
try { conveyor.transition_ms = my_config["transition_ms"].tointeger(); } catch ( e ) { }

I hope this helps!