Author Topic: Beginners Guide to Coding Squirrel for Attract Mode!  (Read 2586 times)

sickle

• View Profile
Beginners Guide to Coding Squirrel for Attract Mode!
« on: February 27, 2021, 01:27:50 PM »
about a year ago, i started learning to code, with the end goal of rebuilding the turbografx mini GUI as an Attract Mode layout. it took me about 2 weeks to learn enough to feel confident enough to start, and I (Basically) finished the layout within that month (May 2020). this was my first experience coding, so I was starting from scratch.

check out that layout here: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3397.0

any of you who have tried to learn, or remember starting to code in squirrel know how little info there is about this language out there.

I ended up using a mix of 2 or 3 resources, the attract mode recourse thing, and that IoT tech resource that people talk about.

during my time learning, I was taking notes, and I believe that this info could be useful to others starting out!

there might be some slightly incorrect info, but I think it's all good enough to teach the basics.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1urH08QJ4ZgeS2gyAyLDyNv39D0Wi-2Bv/view?usp=sharing

the useful info starts on page 5 I think.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Guide to Coding Squirrel for Attract Mode!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 04:41:17 PM »
god dam...were you been hiding bro....good to see u up and abought...ill check out your DL...

thanks...  ps lot up on discord channel....if your interested..late
help a friend....

ReBirFh

• View Profile
Re: Beginners Guide to Coding Squirrel for Attract Mode!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 11:31:28 AM »
Thanks! I will take a look. Your layout is awesome and seems really advanced for just 1 month of learning. Did you have any previous coding experience?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 12:56:56 PM by ReBirFh »