Author Topic: Open Attract Mode on second monitor only  (Read 1376 times)

benyamin39

• View Profile
Open Attract Mode on second monitor only
« on: April 11, 2020, 08:20:40 AM »
Hi,

I am building an arcade cabinet running on windows 7 / Mame / Attract Mode.
I am using a laptop located on the back of the cabinet with a second monitor for the front display.

The main display is set to the laptop display as I want to hide the display of all the windows bootup sequence and get the secondary monitor to only display Attract mode when the program pop up at startup.

How can I set Attract mode to start on second monitor?

I have been digging for a long time without solution.

Thx!

Boucane

• View Profile
Re: Open Attract Mode on second monitor only
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 10:11:32 AM »
Hey, you may have figured out a solution by now, but I was having the same issue and wanted to explain how I resolved it in case it helps anyone else. This is on Windows 10.

My primary screen is in landscape mode and the secondary screen which will run Attract Mode is in Portrait mode. MAME was setup to run only on the second screen but AM would only show on the primary (or with multiple monitors enabled, show on both).

So in AM, I set General -> Window Mode to "Window". For me, this caused AM to disappear completely from my screens, but it was running on the taskbar. So I shift+right-mouse buttoned on Attract Mode in the taskbar and selected "Maximize". This brought it back up on my primary screen but in a window. The resolution was all janky but it will get fixed.

Next, I hit Windows Key+Right Arrow to move the AM window to the right until it was on my second monitor. Again the resolution was weird and skinny but I hit Maximize from the upper-right menu and it filled the screen. Now close Attract Mode.

When I re-opened AM, it opened on the second screen, in the proper resolution and in a window that filled the screen. The only downside is I do see the windows bar across the top but only until I select a game. The game layout fills the screen and no more menu bar.
This works for me because I'm only doing the dual monitor thing while I set everything up. Once I build my cabinet, the portrait monitor will be the only screen and this won't be an issue.

Anyway, I hope that helps anyone else having a similar issue.