Author Topic: Daphne, no video  (Read 5640 times)

pghretroguy

• View Profile
Daphne, no video
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:23:52 AM »
Hi folks. So I am using AM and Daphne. in ES, it works fine. When I run Space Ace or Dragon's Lair inside AM, the screen freezes and the game boots in the background. I can even use the pad and add credits and exit the game. When I exit the game, AM acts normal after that. Just no video. Very odd!!!

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Daphne, no video
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:54:36 AM »
You are running this on a rasp pi not a pc I take it?
People want life easy..then complain about it

pghretroguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 10:55:15 AM »
Yup. A Pi 3. The game is running fine, but no video. Very odd. And the video runs in ES with no issue.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 01:34:08 PM »
Ok got mine set up...finally..

I don't have an issue at all..although I had to tweak the set up because it wasn't working correctly (the narration was not working in the attract mode).

I did notice on the retro pie wiki https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Daphne it said this:

If you have issues with black screen, try deleting the .dat file as it is generated the first time you parse the video files. If you transferred the .dat file from another system it may not work, so just leave the .dat file out.
It is also case sensitive so if it's not working try making the extensions in the .daphne file lowercase.

try that then report please :)

FB911

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 03:06:38 PM »
Hi folks. So I am using AM and Daphne. in ES, it works fine. When I run Space Ace or Dragon's Lair inside AM, the screen freezes and the game boots in the background. I can even use the pad and add credits and exit the game. When I exit the game, AM acts normal after that. Just no video. Very odd!!!

I'm currently running both in AM and they work fine. I did not have to do any tweaking. if akafox solution doesn't work, let me know and i will send you how i configured mine (i already have all the steps in a document).

pghretroguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 01:36:24 PM »
OK, I renamed the .dat file for space ace. I ran the game again and it recreated the file. Still freezes. But maybe it is reparsing int he background. I'm going to let it site.... Wait... nope. same nonsense. The screen froze and it dong the same thing. Very odd.....

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 09:45:52 AM »
I think it has to recreate the dat file..it needs it to run. so you deleted the dat file from the pi altogether correct?

and you have all the files needed in the ace.daphne folder (the video ..audio..and the frame file) set up correctly?

1.in retropie daphne roms folder you have put your ace.zip
2. in your retropie roms daphne you have made a ace.daphne folder
3. in your retropie roms daphne adc.daphne folder you have put your
   a. ace.commands (optional)
   b. ace.txt file (framefile) and it's edited coreectly
   c. your video file
   d. your audio file

well let's see..I did dragon's lair..is space ace the one you are having problems with? f you so I might know your problem and that is your bank switches or wrong or missing...let me test my theory and i'll get back you you..

I didn't have the narration on dragon's lair attract mode until I changed (added) mine.

EDIT: well upon testing mine with space ace from AM it works fine
but for the sake of it..create an ace.command file and paste this into it 

Code: [Select]
-blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir /home/pi/Retropie/roms/daphne/ace.daphne  -noserversend -bank 0 00000000 -bank 1 00000001 -sound_buffer 2048 -x 640 -y 480
then let me know..honestly though..I don't know what the deal is
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:04:42 AM by akafox »

pghretroguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
Thanks. I upgraded the AM packages and all is well.