Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548550 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 7.3 [Release] Updated 1 April 2020
« Reply #855 on: April 10, 2020, 08:47:46 AM »
EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out. I had to keep pressing up to show the options. Seems odd to work like that but I haven't used AF since 4.2 so lots to catch up on.

This is a pretty recent addition, you should be able to enter the options menu using an hotkey if you have one defined in Attract Mode. Oh I'm sorry to tell you that 7.3 has some issues with menu fonts and system logos, my bad, I'm re-writing the whole stuff but it will take a bit longer...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 7.3 [Release] Updated 1 April 2020
« Reply #856 on: April 16, 2020, 12:55:58 AM »
Arcadeflow 7.4 is out!

A new menu system (because it's fun to change that every release, right!?!?) and more options for the Displays Menu Page, that should ease the pain of not having the Displays Menu mode anymore...

To make everything work smoothly set Displays Menu Layout to "Default" and Attract Mode startup option to "Show Last Selection (Default)". You can change all the options you need in Arcadeflow options page instead.

Enjoy!

Jate

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 7.4 [Release] Updated 16 April 2020
« Reply #857 on: April 17, 2020, 10:15:23 AM »
Hi

I think there is a problem, when you activate the categories, menu display type does not work (list + image)

And INDIE system is in Category : Other, but we are pc games.

And a suggestion, could the image on the Menu display be a video?

- list
- list with image (image or video)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #858 on: April 17, 2020, 10:22:09 AM »
I think there is a problem, when you activate the categories, menu display type does not work (list + image)

This is how it works at the moment, 7.5 is already supporting images for categorized displays lists

I know what you mean, if you create a Display called, for example, "80's Arcade" it will go into "OTHER" and not "Arcade" because it's not a system. I'm thinking of a way to allow people to chose in which category they want "non-system" dysplays. Maybe with a token in the name like "Indie#Computer"

Should be easy, let's see if I can make it for 7.5 ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #859 on: April 20, 2020, 02:03:13 AM »

If you want to test it before release, here is a beta of Arcadeflow 7.5 that features what you asked: you can name your layout like "name of your layout#category" to make it appear in the category folder, the part after the "#" will be stripped.

You can now use mp4,avi or mkv files as display menu list with images artwork, this is very preliminary and all the videos will play together (with no sound obviously) so if you have many of them it might be slow... Let me know how it works for you ;)

http://www.mixandmatch.it/AF/layouts/Arcadeflow_74_X.zip

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 20, 2020, 02:11:30 PM »
Hi !

First of all, thanks for this awesome theme, which had found its way on my Vewlix cabinet :)

I have two questions for you, and I don't know if it is possible in 7.4 or in a future version :
 - how can i have an "all systems" to the display menu ? I can have grouped (arcade, consoles,others), or no categories at all, but it is possible to have an "all" category, which list every rom in every system you have configured ?
 - is possible to have categories ? like shoot'em up, and it shows every game listed as shoot'em up regarding its system (for example, it will list axelay (snes), 1941 (mame), ikaruga (gamecube) etc ...)
If not possible, isit possible to do so via filters systeem ? (i'm new to AttractMode ...)

Thanks in advance !

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #861 on: April 20, 2020, 11:39:55 PM »
- how can i have an "all systems" to the display menu ? I can have grouped (arcade, consoles,others), or no categories at all, but it is possible to have an "all" category, which list every rom in every system you have configured ?

What I can do at the layout level, is add an "All displays" to the displays menu with categories, so that when you select it you'll see a list of all your displays uncategorized. This won't bring you to a romlist with all your games, but to the list of all your displays/systems.
What you want to do is a romlist that gathers all the roms and systems you have, and this can't be done at layout level (I can't generate romlists in the layout), but Attract Mode allows you to do it: just go into attract mode menu (TAB button), "Emulators", "Generate collection/romlist", here you can select the romlists you want to add to your "all games" romlist. Then you can see this as a Display in Arcadeflow Displays Menu.

- is possible to have categories ? like shoot'em up, and it shows every game listed as shoot'em up regarding its system (for example, it will list axelay (snes), 1941 (mame), ikaruga (gamecube) etc ...)
If not possible, isit possible to do so via filters systeem ? (i'm new to AttractMode ...)

There are many ways to do this, both for single system displays/romlists and for multiple systems displays/romlists.

Arcadeflow doesn't have a "Categories" menu, I can do it and maybe I'll do it sooner or later, but consider that sometimes different systems use different conventions for category names. In my Mame romlist categories are like this: "main category/sub category" (perfect for a nested menu, ain't it?), other systems only show one category, others like GBA show them as "sub category/main category", so using this in a multi-systems romlist will be a bit of a mess.

Another way to have category menu is to create Attract Mode filters for the categories, this is very flexible and works in all sort of Displays. Since you know how your games are categorized then this is usually better than the layout solution.

Last but not least, and this is a feature of Arcadeflow, if you are on a game (like Street Fighter 2 which is a "fighter/versus" category) you can select "more of the same..." from the context menu and automatically filter games with the same category or sub-category, or even year, decade, manufacturer etc.

Or, still in Arcadeflow, you can sort your collection by Category on the fly, without the need to create a filter, and jump from a category to the other with hotkeys or the scrollbar....

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 22, 2020, 04:14:21 AM »

If you want to test it before release, here is a beta of Arcadeflow 7.5 that features what you asked: you can name your layout like "name of your layout#category" to make it appear in the category folder, the part after the "#" will be stripped.

You can now use mp4,avi or mkv files as display menu list with images artwork, this is very preliminary and all the videos will play together (with no sound obviously) so if you have many of them it might be slow... Let me know how it works for you ;)

http://www.mixandmatch.it/AF/layouts/Arcadeflow_74_X.zip

Sorry for the delay.

Video work well in Display menu, thanks.
I have tried and everything is fine:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 04:15:56 AM by Jate »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #863 on: April 22, 2020, 05:54:25 AM »
Video work well in Display menu, thanks.
I have tried and everything is fine:

Fantastic, good to know that everything runs fine! I'm almost ready with 7.5, I'm just tweaking a new feature under the hood that will monitor your system framerate and scale timings accordingly, so on slower systems you won't get slower effects and scrolling, but just a bit choppier :D

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 23, 2020, 12:12:42 AM »
Thanks a lot for all the answers, I'll go with filters for categories 😊

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 7.5 [Release] Updated 23 April 2020
« Reply #865 on: April 23, 2020, 01:12:18 AM »
Arcadeflow 7.5 is out!

Enhanced the menu system and effects, plus now Arcadeflow will adapt to your system performance. All effects that are updated frame by frame will take into account the actual framerate of your system and tweak accordingly, so if you can't get 60fps you won't see the scrolling and fading slower, but just a bit less fluid.

Hope everything works as expected, enjoy and report bugs!!!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #866 on: April 24, 2020, 02:10:26 AM »
Thanks a lot for all the answers, I'll go with filters for categories 😊

I'm currently implementing a category menu for Arcadeflow, if you want to check it out I can share a beta with you ;)

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 24, 2020, 02:43:56 AM »
I'll be glad to help and test your beta 😊

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #868 on: April 24, 2020, 07:10:46 AM »
I'll be glad to help and test your beta 😊

Well thanks to you then, you can download the beta here:

http://www.mixandmatch.it/AF/layouts/Arcadeflow_75_X.zip

bear in mind it's still in beta but I was able to fix most of the issues with search strings and special characters. Right now there's an hardcoded control button (Custom1) that you can use to call the category screen, or you can launch it from the "Utility menu".

Consider that categories are applied in the form of a search string, so you won't have history of the selected game. And you can't do searches in a category because it's already a search, but you can sort the list. Also if you enter a category where the current game is present, it will keep the game selected for you. When you go back from a category to "All" categories (that is no search filter applied) it will bring you back to the game that was selected at the beginning (do you think it would be better to keep the last selected game... selected?)

Let me know how it goes ;)

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 24, 2020, 10:48:53 AM »
Thanks a lot ! I'll try it asap and makes my report as well !