Author Topic: PSX and MAME games in the same wheel?  (Read 2040 times)

MrNoHolster

• View Profile
PSX and MAME games in the same wheel?
« on: January 04, 2021, 06:03:16 AM »
Hi, so I've got all my arcade games using MAME but I'd also like to merge my PSX games such as Tekken 3 so they also appear in the arcade menu wheel. I've tried copying the rom files into the 'arcade' folder and generated a romlist so Tekken 3 appears but I can't edit the emulator needed to run it - in the runcommand it only lists the MAME executables.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

jclampy69

• View Profile
Re: PSX and MAME games in the same wheel?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 07:51:03 PM »
Hi, I haven't tried this, but I guess it should work.

Your 'display' in attract.cfg has an romlist name. This romlist name needs to match the romlist file in your attract/romlists folder.
Always make backup before you edit any files.
Open the romlist you want to edit in a spreadsheet editor, select 'Semicolon Separator' as file type method. When finished just save back over the original txt file.
Emulator column is name to match the emulator cfg file in the attract/emulators folder. So, basically mame games will have mame here and you can put what you want for 'other stuff'.
Go to attract/emulators folder and you should have a mame.cfg for settings to run mame games. Now, you need to make ___.cfg for the 'other stuff' that you setup in in the romlist file in the spreadsheet program step above. The file name needs to be an exact match. Fill out the run command settings, artwork paths ,etc..

I think that is all you would need to do.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 09:38:07 PM »
If you have two separate systems psx and mame, you can create a new combined list.

Configure-->Emulators-->Generate Collection/Rom List-->Set psx and mame to “Yes” and then click “Generate Collection/Rom List” and enter the name “Combined List” (or whatever you want)

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 02:20:01 PM »
http://attractmode.org/docs/Readme.html

There are also commandline options for this if you need more control.

MrNoHolster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 01:55:16 AM »
If you have two separate systems psx and mame, you can create a new combined list.

Configure-->Emulators-->Generate Collection/Rom List-->Set psx and mame to “Yes” and then click “Generate Collection/Rom List” and enter the name “Combined List” (or whatever you want)

Thanks - that worked perfectly!